EA was founded 25 years ago by individuals with a deep passion for making games. Many things have changed over the years as the gaming industry—and the company—has expanded immensely, but we are still driven by the same passion for developing, publishing, and distributing the world’s best games. Our history has been one of great success, and our future looks even brighter. Gaming has come a long way from Pac-Man & Space Invaders to modern EA favorites like Burnout, Battlefield, Mercenaries, Dead Space, Spore, FIFA, Madden, Need for Speed and the world’s most successful game franchise, The Sims. Fuelled by our talented staff at locations right across the Globe we are united in our passion to continue shaping the future of interactive entertainment. Together we can make a difference.
More information about EA's products and full text of press releases can be found on the Internet at .
Main Purpose of the Role
The SE will work on the continued development and support of RPM Shift, an enterprise application responsible for managing, transferring and tracking EA intellectual property, game builds, throughout the organization. The candidate designs and codes the required features in a large web based application. They are expected to perform the requirement gathering, analysis and design tasks, taking basic concepts all the way through the development cycle to their completion.
The ideal candidate must be able to function and thrive in a rapidly changing, agile development environment, and deliver high-quality, timely results without being micromanaged.
Participate in the implementation plan that includes schedule, priorities, dependencies and deliverables
Write high quality code and debug across multiple modules while dealing with related external dependencies
Perform complete testing of web applications – unit, system and black box testing
University Degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
Java programming skills
Fluency in written and spoken English
Good knowledge of the MS Office suite
Excellent Software Engineering skills
- Java EE, Spring Integration
- Rabbit MQ
- Experience working with databases, MS SQL, Oracle, etc.
Behaviors / Competencies:
- Highly proactive with an ability to think outside of the box
- Self-motivated, detail-oriented and driven by results
- Analytical, reflexive
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Excellent communication skills
- About EA At Electronic Arts, we exist to Inspire the World to Play. We create extraordinary new game experiences for our millions of players everywhere by bringing together talented people that combine creativity, innovation, and passion. We know that our strength lies in the diversity of our people. We immerse our employees into an inclusive culture, and provide opportunities for learning and leading that allow them to do the most impactful and rewarding work of their careers. We put our people first. We provide comprehensive benefit packages with a focus on health and wellbeing to support your needs and help you balance your career and personal life. We provide access to dynamic and collaborative work environments, opportunities to connect and contribute through our Employee Resource Groups, and support for a balanced life with paid time off and maternity and paternity leave, plus free video games and so much more! Electronic Arts is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Electronic Arts also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.