NXP Semiconductors N.V. (NASDAQ: NXPI) enables secure connections and infrastructure for a smarter world, advancing solutions that make lives easier, better, and safer. As the world leader in secure connectivity solutions for embedded applications, NXP is driving innovation in the automotive, industrial & IoT, mobile, and communication infrastructure markets. Built on more than 60 years of combined experience and expertise, the company has over 29,000 employees in more than 30 countries and posted revenue of $8.88 billion in 2019.
The Lead Infrastructure Architect is primarily responsible for translating the business vision and strategy into our Generic IT & User Experience (GITUX) Mission. This mission is continuously evolving to better support the business growth by delivering agile, reliable, and secure digital products and benchmark costs. You will act as servant leader to your architecture team and rally around concepts like automation, standardization and defining guardrails for the architects to work in. You co-author visions and roadmaps and apply architectural principles that are implemented, maintained, and supported in our architectural building blocks and other frameworks.
The subdomain GITUX is responsible for the architectures that are created within the domain and are you are the ambassador from GITUX within the NXP Enterprise Architecture Governance board, which supervises the creation and deployment of architectural practices and the creation of reference architectures for the various IT domains.
NXP IT is a “no-nonsense” and dynamic organization. Where creating practical value to the business is the primary objective. Your work includes improvements in architecture and design descriptions, modelling the architectural landscape, co-creation of reference architectures, creation of roadmaps, studies on promising technologies and supporting new initiatives. You will be the ambassador of these roadmaps and will share your vision and strategy among your peers in the NXP IT organization and beyond.
Your responsibilities :
- Creation of reference architectures at domain and enterprise level.
- Review of Solution and Project level architectures.
- Training and guidance of Solution- and System- Architects within GITUX.
- Helping the value streams adhere to the budget guardrails for retiring solutions (horizon 0).
- Participating in the strategy for building and maintaining the architectural runway via Enabler Epics
- Support in the creation of architecture models and use of enterprise architecture tooling.
- Organizing and leading workshops and architecture board meetings.
- Influencing modeling, design, and coding practices with GITUX
- Synchronizing the following disciplines across Solutions whenever applicable:
- System and data security and quality
- Production infrastructure Solution user experience (Lean UX)
- Nonfunctional Requirements (NFRs)
- Bachelor’s degree (preferably IT related).
- Senior competence level - at a minimum of 5 years recent relevant experience.
- Experience as (solution) architect or other relevant experience in IT and business architectures.
- Proven experience in applying architecture concepts and theory,
SAFE for Architects,, TOGAF.
- Experience with leading projects preferably using Agile / DevOps / SAFE.
- Affinity with Infrastructure Automation concepts.
- Excellent English language skills both written and verbal.
- Experience with the high-tech industry is preferred
- Self-propelling / pro-active: Internal drive to contact the right persons to make progress and organize the work with minimum supervision
- Pragmatic: Able to combine a theoretical background with a practical capability in getting results
- Strong analytical and conceptual capabilities. Conscientious person with eye for the big picture as well as detail.
- Excellent social skills: able to work with people on different layers of the organization and strong communication skills
- Able to provide guidance and structure in complex journeys
- Easy to work with people with a different background and attitude, e.g., both theoretical oriented persons as well as practically oriented persons
- Flexible; easy to adjust to organizational changes and changes to contents of the assignments.
- Full time employee.
- Scheduling flexibility around conference calls to support colleagues in other time zones.