This is a home office position - Role can be performed from anywhere within Slovakia, Romania, Poland or Czech Republic
At Amazon, our customer-centric products and services continue to grow and expand thanks to our fellow Amazonians and their passion to deliver innovative technologies, extensive global retail selection, and world class operations. Employees come to Amazon to do meaningful work, and we make that easier by removing barriers, fixing defects, and enabling self-service. Applying to, working at, and leaving Amazon should be frustration-free experiences. By working together on behalf of our customers, we are building the future one innovative product, service, and idea at a time. Are you ready to embrace the challenge? Come build the future with us.
Amazon is seeking a customer-obsessed Manager, Program Management to help elevate the experience of employees departing the organization across Europe. This role will have direct oversight of 3-5 Program Managers and will be responsible for setting the strategic direction of both short and mid-term priority roadmaps. As a Manager on the Terminations and Final Pay Program team, you will champion the innovation needed to deliver a flawless termination experience, including 100% accuracy of employee final pay. Success in this role will involve driving cross-functional partnerships to identify, design and implement value added efficiency workflows that will change the way we manage terminations globally. It will require a broad set of skills ranging from strategic thinking, to effective decision making when faced with tradeoffs between schedule, resources and scope. Roadmap goals may include process improvements, technology driven solutions, and the development and deployment of specialized Exits programs.
Job duties: The successful candidate will have a demonstrated track record of:
· Balancing big picture thinking to define short and mid-term strategies, while staying on top of details to ensure smooth delivery of a portfolio of projects
· Directing team activities to ensure on time execution of deliverables that create value for customers and effectively coaching team members on the development of the hard and soft skills required for long term program success
· Leading large projects from initiation through delivery involving multiple teams.
· Setting business objectives in order to deliver solutions with the most efficient use of resources, time, and technologies
· Building cross-functional partnerships with other leaders, working closely with HR, Payroll, Legal, and other departments to achieve program objectives and drive increased customer engagement
· Successfully identifying and implementing process improvements using data to inform priority
· Demonstrating a bias for action and an ability to deal with great ambiguity; one of the key success criteria for this position is the ability to effectively drive change in loosely defined situations
Home Office Requirements:
· A quiet and private place to work where you will not be disturbed.
· Internet connection from a reliable provider with a speed of at least 20mbps as of Day 1 of your employment
· Bachelor’s in business, HR or related field
· Experience managing small to mediums sized teams
· 7+ years of HR or program management related experience
· 7+ years of experience in managing large scale, cross-functional, and complex programs
· Ability to lead and influence across different organizations and align diverse teams and stakeholders
· Ability to deliver results in an ambiguous environment; capable of making adjustments in both day-to-day and longer term activities for the team
· Strong verbal and written communication skills with demonstrated experience engaging and influencing senior leaders across functions, including an ability to effectively communicate with both business and technical teams
· High attention to detail and proven ability to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously.
· Advanced knowledge of HR/Payroll processes and systems that help administer or control pay programs
· Strengths in problem solving, issue-resolution, ability to work in a deadline-driven environment
· Strong analytical and quantitative skills; ability to use hard data and metrics to back up assumptions, recommendations, and to inform team priorities
· 3+ years of experience in managing program managers
· MBA or Consulting experience preferred
· PMP Preferred
· Familiarity with Lean, Kaizen, Six Sigma concepts desired and certification is a plus
· A passion for experimentation and innovation
· Experience in a complex, matrixed, global organization
· Prior experience in HR shared services, payroll, operations, and/or compliance