We create the technology to connect the world. We develop and deliver the industry’s only end-to-end portfolio of network equipment, software, services and licensing that is available globally. Through our research teams, including the world-renowned Nokia Bell Labs, we are leading the world to adopt end-to-end 5G networks that are faster, more secure and capable of revolutionizing lives, economies and societies.
With Nokia future becomes present. You will work on new generation mobile networks (5G) which will allow autonomous car, ultra-high speed and millions of connected devices become a reality.
You will join Research and Development 5G Software team, responsible for developing software functionalities for the Nokia 5G base stations, ready to be delivered to customers all over the world.
Software Development Mission
You will contribute to the development of software functionalities in our base station product and be involved in the complete development cycle (specifications, coding, testing).
In general, in 5G positions, our days are composed of:
20% specification and innovation
30% interface with internal colleagues
10% up to us to build it together
You will be part of a Development Unit (around 1300+) among 11 R&D Tribes in different countries& continents. Within your Tribe in Timisoara, you will belong to one of the Squads, each composed of 5-9 people. Your team has objectives to deliver in a sprint (1 month). In an environment where trust and autonomy are encouraged, each team member selects the tasks to work on and exchanges daily with his/her team mates on the progress and difficulties.
Since the beginning of the race towards first position in 5G market, our team has full responsibility for 5G Cloud Control Unit in Timisoara (Requirements, Architecture and Design) and successfully implemented a development environment fully deployed in Cloud.
- You can prove your knowledge on object-oriented programming (OOP) principles and communicate in English fluently.
- Equally important, you are dedicated to learning, welcome feedback, show flexibility and take initiative.
Nice to have:
- Knowledge on Agile methodology, wireless technologies, cloud-computing platforms (OpenStack, Google Kubernetes, Docker, VM).
We are mainly looking for experience in software development using C++ and the latest C++ standards BUT familiarity with any OOP programming language (Java, C#, etc.) is a plus.
What does Nokia offer you?
- Market-competitive salary based on your skills
- 3 annual bonuses (Performance, Christmas and Easter)
- Meal tickets + extra food allowance
- Monthly reimbursement for Sport, Wellness, Culture activities, Kindegarden/After-school expenses
- Annual reimbursement for Dental/Eyeglasses/Lenses costs
- Public Transport/Private Parking monthly allowance or bike/electrical scooter annual cost reimbursement
- 24+ paid vacation days-off
- Flexible time and teleworking
- Private health and life insurance
- E-learning platforms such as NokiaEDU, Harvard ManageMentor, LinkedIn Learning etc. at your disposal for certified technical training and personal development
- Everyday Excellence – Employee Recognition Program (awards can be redeemed via our
- online store)
- Share in Success - Nokia’s voluntary employee share purchase plan
- Personal Support Service (PSS) – free access to confidential and professional support and guidance on a range of emotional, practical and work-life topics
- Events and conferences on technical matters but also on well-being at work and other general-purpose subjects
- Access to Nokia Garage innovation space where you can express your technical creativity and implement new projects with support from local community
- Relocation package for Timisoara non-residents
- One of the highest employee referral bonuses on the market so you can bring your friends too :)
A customized training plan will be proposed at your arrival. During the first months at Nokia you will have support from your manager, team and dedicated buddy and the opportunity to get in touch with 5G technology and our development& testing environment.
If you want to take part of this adventure that will shape the future, join us. Apply now!
If you have any questions, do not hesitate to reach out to Andra Rugea on LinkedIn.
Imagine creating technology that has the potential to change the world. Working with us, you will have a positive impact on people’s lives and help to overcome some of the world’s most pressing challenges. We act inclusively and respect the uniqueness of people. Nokia culture welcomes people as their true selves. Come create the technology to connect the world.