At Amazon, we are committed to and invested in sustainability because it’s a win all around – it’s good for business, the planet, our customers, and our communities. The Worldwide Environmental Protection team capitalizes on Amazon’s scale, speed, and ability to invent and simplify to create a better and more resilient company. We manage our environmental impacts globally, and we drive solutions that enable our customers and our business to become more sustainable.
We ensure that Amazon transactions satisfy environmental requirements, and coordinate the aspects of product transactions that are regulated (shipping, recycling, etc.). This involves creating programs to respond and fulfill environmental requirements across multiple jurisdictions. The team is also responsible for keeping Amazon customers aware of the sustainability initiatives available.
We are looking for an experienced Software Engineer to join the Environmental Assurance and Protection team, supporting the Extended Producer Responsibility Program in Europe, which is our main program to manage waste recycling initiatives in the EU. Extended Producer Responsibility is a policy instrument under which manufacturers, producers and distributors take responsibility for their products and packaging at their end of life, by establishing systems to ensure collection and recycling of post-consumer waste, including product take-back.
· Participate in the design, development, implementation, testing and documentation of large-scale distributed software applications, tools, systems and services;
· Translate functional requirements into robust, scalable, supportable solutions that work well within the overall system architecture;
· Participate in the full development cycle, end-to-end, from design, implementation, and testing to documentation, delivery and maintenance;
· Produce comprehensive, usable software documentation;
· Evaluate and make decisions around the use of new or existing software products and tools.
· Object-oriented design and coding skills (data structures, algorithms, databases relational and NoSQL)
· Knowledge of networking protocols;
· Good understanding of software architecture and design issues;
· Advanced level of written and spoken English.
· Object-oriented design and coding skills (Java, Python);
· Expertise with AWS;
· Deep understanding of networking protocols;
· Comfortable working in a fast paced, highly collaborative, dynamic work environment;
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation/Age