It wasn’t so long ago that booking a trip to see the Eiffel Tower, stroll down New York’s iconic Madison Avenue or feel the sand between our toes on Copacabana Beach was simply a matter of a few taps on our smartphone. In fact, that’s what we do at Booking.com. We make it easier for everyone to experience the world. And while that world might feel a little farther away right now, we’re busy preparing for when the world is ready to travel once more. Across our offices worldwide, we continue to innovate. To solve for some of the most complex challenges in travel and technology, and to plan for the exciting developments that lie ahead. With strategic long-term investments into what we believe the future of travel can be, we are opening up new career opportunities that will have a strong impact on our mission. We are united in the belief that our very human desire to explore the planet’s beauty and discover more about other people and cultures will endure. The world is waiting for us. Together, we will be ready.Role Description
Booking.com has an exciting opportunity for an Administrative Business Partner (ABP) to join our Central Partner Services Leadership Team in Amsterdam. As an Administrative Business Partner you will play a pivotal role in helping to drive the overall effectiveness of our leaders, through the support you provide.
We are looking for a driven, service-minded and proactive individual to provide excellent administrative, strategic, and tactical support to the Central Partner Services team.
The core focus of this role is to provide specialist administrative and operational support to 3 Directors. You will help these directors with calendar management, travel planning, and other administrative tasks. In addition, you will also support engagement and well-being initiatives of the department/people. This role is an ideal opportunity for an enthusiastic individual with a desire to learn rapidly and make a meaningful business impact.
Reporting to the Lead Executive Business Partner, you will work alongside other members in the support team and business stakeholders to contribute to internal process improvements, arrange business trips and itineraries, and plan meetings and events, among other tasks.
You need to be able to work independently, while also being a team player who believes in proactively driving projects forward through collaboration. You will need to be able to effectively anticipate and respond to the needs of the leader(s) you support. You will be able to pick up tasks at short notice and support with the preparation of meetings, presentations or events. You will also have a strong desire to learn rapidly from within this unique environment, be open-minded, discreet and humble.
Support for Central Partner Services Leaders
- Coordinate schedules and calendars. You will prioritize time based on business needs, in collaboration with the leader you support.
- Manage end-to-end travel, logistics and visas, including coordinating itineraries and other general assistance as required, including expense claims.
- Complete core administrative duties e.g. arranging signatures, expenses, official documents, handling correspondence.
- Communicate directly with the department LT, their direct reports, and other key stakeholders (internal and external to Booking.com). You will be a key point of contact (and knowledge) for questions about departmental activities / happenings
- Manage incoming correspondence and responses to requests, invitations or other on behalf of the Leadership Team member(s) you support.
Team Support and events
- Organize departmental leadership team events, offsites, or similar
- Coordinate and arrange meetings including gathering and communicating agendas and preparation materials where necessary, reserving and setting up all meeting rooms, and connecting any digital conference connections.
- Understand the business content and decisions needed during meetings. As well as effectively track and follow up on decisions, outcomes and action items.
- Contribute to operational improvements of the team, processes and services offered to the Department Leadership team.
- Support with other tasks as may be required.
- 2+ years previous relevant experience e.g. administration/ operational/ business support/executive assistant, preferably in large/multinational organization
- People oriented; able to build and maintain relationships across all levels, and from diverse backgrounds.
- Results-driven with an independent and proactive attitude
- Highly organised with excellent planning skills. You like to take ownership and problem solve
- Exhibit a strong attention to detail, ability to adapt to daily schedules and routines, and a focus on efficiency without sacrificing quality.
- Excellent communication skills; fluent in English, verbal and written (second language an advantage but not required).
- Comfortable with ambiguity and able to prioritise and make decisions without having all the information
- Strong ethics and can handle confidential matters with discretion. You cultivate and promote the Booking.com values and culture within the department
- Be an active member of the Leadership Support community
- Available to offer support outside of normal business hours when needed.
- Excellent with Microsoft Office and G suite, including Google Calendar, Google Sheets/Slides (or similar).
**We can only accept applications in English from local candidates - no relocation assistance provided**
If your application is successful, your personal data may be used for a pre-employment screening check by a third party as permitted by applicable law. Depending on the vacancy and applicable law, a pre-employment screening may include employment history, education and other information (such as media information) that may be necessary for determining your qualifications and suitability for the open position at Booking.com.