Microsoft is on a mission to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. Our culture is centered on embracing a growth mindset, a theme of inspiring excellence, and encouraging teams and leaders to bring their best each day. In doing so, we create life-changing innovations that impact billions of lives around the world. You can help us to achieve our mission.
With over 15,000 employees worldwide, the Microsoft Customer Experience and Success (CEnS) organization is responsible for the strategy, design, and implementation of the Microsoft end-to-end customer experience. This newly expanded organization reflects the Microsoft ambition to be known as a customer experience company, ensuring our Microsoft mission to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more is enabled by delighting customers and consistently exceeding their expectations in every interaction through a connected customer experience.
Microsoft has a tremendous opportunity to exceed customer expectations and drive greater customer loyalty and trust, which leads to greater satisfaction, retention, and growth. The CEnS organization is looking for people with a passion for delivering customer success to help us build a future where customers come to us, not only because we provide industry-leading products and services, and also because we provide a differentiated and connected customer experience that is rooted in our commitment to delivering on customer outcomes.
Support Engineers (SE) serve as frontline technical resources for Microsoft customers and partners via phone, email or web. They deliver unique value by collaboratively and reactively solving customer problems, providing proactive support advice, contributing to product quality and enhancements and creating self-help assets to broadly reach more customers. You will be part of a team responsible for providing an outstanding technical support experience to our business customers. From problem identification to full resolution, you will own and manage the customer experience over the phone and Web. When needed, you will collaborate with others to engage subject matter experts, Engineering (Product Groups) or Management. Your day to day job will be about providing both technical expertise (either on your own or by involving your colleagues) and about being an excellent communicator and a service oriented professional. You will be given the opportunity to become a subject matter expert in one or more areas and receive guidance and mentorship from your colleagues.
• Responsible for the customer support experience with Microsoft
• Own, troubleshoot and solve customer technical issues, using collaboration, troubleshooting best practices and transparency within and across teams swarming)
• Identify cases that require escalation (either technically or strategically)
• Create and maintain incident management requests to product group or engineering group
• Contribute to case deflection initiatives, automation and other digital self-help assets to improve customer and engineer experience
• Provide ramp activities, knowledge sharing, technical coaching and mentoring
• Drive technical collaboration and engagement outside of CSS (Product Engineering teams, Services, Support, Regions)
• Lead or participate in building communities with peer delivery roles; may be workload or specialty specific
This role provides technical support Azure Monitoring and Automation Space to Microsoft customers, partners, internal staff and/or others on critical issues experienced with Microsoft technologies.
A Support Engineer is responsible for providing quality support for Azure Monitoring and Automation with a high degree of customer happiness; provide responsive and reliable technical solutions and information to Microsoft customers.
Azure Monitoring includes
• Azure Automation
• Azure Log Analytics
• Azure Monitor Alerts
• Azure Application Insight
English Language: confident in reading, writing and speaking.
Fluent in German, French, Italian and confident in reading, writing and speaking would be a plus.
• System Administration, Configuration of Windows and Linux Operating systems
• Windows and Linux Event Logs, Syslogs
• Windows and Linux Performance analysis using built in performance counters
• Windows and Linux Patch and Security Update Management
• Network connectivity for both private and public networks
• Conceptual knowledge of Windows Active Directory, Security, and Access Control
• Automating Operating System tasks through the use of Powershell, Python, or similar scripting language
Experience in one or more of these areas desirable
• Web app development in C# or Java programming
• MVC application development or support
• Understanding of Databases and how to retrieve data via query language
• Containers solutions such as Docker or Kubernetes
• Cloud computing in general (Azure, Amazon Web Services, Google Cloud Platform)
• Required Skills: Strong knowledge of Windows OS, Client/Server knowledge, understanding of Cloud services, Azure, Azure Active Directory, PowerShell, TCP/IP and HTTP.
• Preferred: Strong Linux OS Knowledge, Windows Update/Patching
• Good Communication Skills - spoken and written English.
• Additional languages are a plus.
• Excellent customer service skills and customer focused attitude.
• Three or more years’ experience in systems deployment/admin, network operations, software support or IT Consulting,
• Experience in one or more for the following Azure Monitoring business is a plus:
o Azure Automation
o Azure Log Analytics
o Azure Monitor Alerts
o Azure Application Insight
• Experience in one or more of these areas desirable:
o Web app development in C# or Java programming
o application development or support
o Containers solutions such as Docker or Kubernetes
o Automating Operating System tasks through the use of Powershell, Python, or similar scripting language
• Windows or Linux Event Logs/Syslogs
• Windows or Linux Performance analysis using built in performance counters
• Windows or Linux Patch and Security Update Management
• Network connectivity for both private and public networks
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and / or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings: Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud Background Check upon hire / transfer and every two years thereafter.