Booking Holdings (NASDAQ: BKNG) is the world leader in online travel and related services, provided to customers and partners in over 220 countries and territories through six primary consumer-facing brands - Booking.com, KAYAK, Priceline, Agoda.com, Rentalcars.com, and OpenTable. The mission of Booking Holdings is to make it easier for everyone to experience the world.
In 2021 Booking Holdings launched its first Center of Excellence in Bucharest, Romania, a hub for specialised, highly skilled talent and industry best practices to support the increasing demands of the Booking Holdings’ business and growth, as well as its future transformation objectives.
Booking Holdings Romania is seeking a Communications and Marketing Specialist to join its Center of Excellence. The successful candidate will partner with the local HR and Talent Acquisition team, as well as the global Booking Holdings Communications team, and Recruitment Marketing leads across the Booking Holdings’ brands, to develop and execute an employer brand strategy and support the employee experience for the Romania Center of Excellence. Responsibilities include delivering against the company’s Brand and Recruitment Marketing goals, supporting Communications and Public Relations locally, and spearheading Internal Employee Communications and Engagement.
This role is accountable for the successful origination, execution and reporting of branding and recruitment marketing campaigns that cover every area of hiring locally, matched to business priorities. The role will have a large and direct impact on our reputation as an Employer of Choice, as well as our candidate pipeline. It will ensure that all employer brand initiatives and internal communications align to and authentically deliver against Booking Holdings’ values and mission, as well as maintaining a unified visual style and tone of voice. The role will leverage existing products and platforms, best practices and collaborative opportunities across Booking Holdings to optimise strategic brand value for the Center.
As part of the execution of talent attraction and engagement strategies, the successful candidate will support the execution of earned media, social media, digital content and events locally, closely aligned to Booking Holdings’ global communications strategy. This role will involve building and maintaining good media relationships, particularly across tech, business and industry media, and experience developing social media content and channel management.
The role requires a strong knowledge of visual content and copywriting, accompanied with the ability to build relationships, identify business and industry trends and effectively manage suppliers. The successful candidate will be highly organised, motivated and goal oriented, being proactive with respect to attention to details and driving results. This role presents the opportunity to have a significant impact in driving critical initiatives and will be a contributor to the success of the Center of Excellence. The Communications and Marketing Specialist will report to the local General Manager at the Romanian Center of Excellence, with a dotted line to the Booking Holdings Global Communications Team.
Brand and Recruitment Marketing
- Establish and implement a paid media plan for employer brand and recruitment marketing strategy
- Establish an event calendar together with Recruitment, HR and Communication teams, evaluate the Center’s participation in regional public facing events and conferences, and coordinate end to end (including all necessary logistics ) all employer branding and recruitment events.
- Lead the development of our brand campaign briefs, working closely with HR and Recruitment to clearly identify the market/consumer challenge, target audiences and the job to be done for each campaign/market.
- Ensure that the campaign proposition is adhered to throughout the life of the campaign development and conduct post campaign reviews, leveraging data, to assess effectiveness and optimize for future executions.
- Identify and collaborate with external agencies, production partners and suppliers
Communications and Public Relations
- Manage proactive and reactive media engagement in Romania, identifying and creating news drivers, and leveraging locally relevant trends to mobilise timely PR activations and materials, as well as mitigate risks where relevant.
- Develop the company’s local spokesperson roster, mapping subject matter experts and messaging with key business priorities to meet objectives.
- Secure, support and maximise media and speaker opportunities (externally and internally) for the company’s local spokespeople, and provide strong communications counsel as / when needed.
- Develop engaging social media content for a range of channels (LinkedIn, Facebook, Instagram, Unde Lucram) and continue to assess and evolve the Center’s local social media approach in collaboration with cross-functional teams (e.g. with the Booking Holdings Communications team, relevant brand communications teams, and HR teams).
Internal Employee Communications and Engagement
- Establish and deliver overall employee events calendar and strategy in partnership with local leadership, to build engagement and employee satisfaction.
- Organise and facilitate local culture initiatives, company events, and other employee engagement activities.
- Partner with the HR team to regularly solicit and act on local employee feedback.
- Create and drive an internal communications calendar to ensure cadence and messaging is aligned to wider company values, mission and communications strategy, as well as consistent, engaging, organised and locally appropriate.
- Create fun, informative, and engaging content for internal distribution, including all-employee videos, and exploration of new formats and channels.
- 5+ years with progress experience in brand building environments.
- Experience working at technology / internet / digital brand(s)
- Deep expertise working with brand oriented products is highly desirable.
- Skilled in project scoping, strategic options identification, consensus building, and implementation.
- Ability to learn fast and adapt in a fast moving environment, acting quickly to execute creative ideas locally, showing strong interpersonal skills, flexibility and a positive attitude.
- Demonstrates creativity and “out of the box” thinking that drives innovation. The ability to “see around corners” and “connect the dots” that proactively drives business and comms.
- Curious & analytical - able to understand and interpret data, insights and business goals and translate them into brand strategies
- Self-motivated and able to take ownership of key topics, effectively managing both up and down the organisation.
- Ability to distill complex business issues and strategies to highlight insights and make actionable recommendations in a concise and persuasive manner.
- Fluent in English, with superior written and verbal communication and presentation skills
- Highly organised with excellent planning skills; clear and strategic thinking with the ability to develop and execute multi-faceted strategies
- Ability to responsibly manage highly confidential and time sensitive information.
If your application is successful, your personal data may be used for a pre-employment screening check by a third party as permitted by applicable law. Depending on the vacancy and applicable law, a pre-employment screening may include employment history, education and other information (such as media information) that may be necessary for determining your qualifications and suitability for the open position at Booking.com.