Discover ING Tech
ING Tech is an international hub for technology & innovation, developing IT solutions across ING in areas such as Core Banking, Big Data, Financial Markets, Data Management, Touch Point Architecture and many more. By using the latest methodologies in software development, our fast-growing team gathers more than 1000 tech enthusiasts who work for international projects that go beyond traditional banking.
We are looking for an Information/Business analyst for the Active Pivot (AP) product domain. The primary focus of the Active Pivot squads is to build multidimensional deal level analysis cubes in which the stakeholders (FIFM, Global Treasury and Collateral Management) can slide & dice through their portfolios and analyse the risks. The squads also build an in-house Sign Off workflow in which stakeholders can sign off their risk positions which are then stored in an Integrated Platform cube. A third focus point is to build the FRTB analysis cube and integrate this is the existing Active Pivot landscape including the sign off process.
Your work environment
You will be operating within the Tribe Management Reporting and Analytics (MRA) of COORF. The purpose of the Tribe is to enable ING and Risk to stay a step ahead by being a trusted partner in Risk and Finance for the efficient implementation of change and improvements on global data, processes and products. Creating value to our customers is key. Openness in communication and “can do” mentality is required behavior for our organization.
You will be assigned as business analyst within the Active Pivot squad and within this squad you work together with the WB Tech colleagues. The squad operates as a team and consists of people with different skills: developers, analysts, testers and OPS specialists. You will functionally report to the Product Owner of Active Pivot.
The range of tasks includes the following:
- Design an AP Database that meets the requirements for Daily aggregated Reporting, ad-hoc detailed reporting, staging area to synchronise data deliveries via mapping and enriching, staging area prior to Cube loading.
- Setup the FRTB framework using the AP Database but also create a vision on how the FRTB cubes interact between the SA and IMA solutions and how this will be integrated with the existing MI solutions.
- Explore the possibilities of the so called “widgets” which are embedded in the Active Pivot application and could be beneficial to users.
For the 3 objectives above, you’ll act as the linking pin between stakeholders and the Product Owner/squad by breaking features into stories (story mapping), preparing refinement of stories, writing user stories and testing the delivered stories. Communicating and aligning with the other domains contributing to the Active Pivot service and roadmap is an important part of the work. Hosting workshops for the AP Teams and/or knowledge sessions is critical to get the information across.
Your areas of accountability include: supporting the Product Owner in creating the vision on technical aspects and get the buy-in, product development (clarifying requirements with stakeholders and translating these into user stories for the squad), detailed analysis of the features and their wider context to ensure a fit with the long term product vision, implementation (collaborate with the product users for testing and validating the stories delivered in the sprint), innovation (database techniques, usage of AP functionality called widgets), process & change management and SoX control framework. You act as stand in for the Product Owner
Occasional travel abroad (Amsterdam and London) is required.
Who we are looking for?
We are looking for passionate Information/Business Analyst with a background in Market Risk Management who understands the FRTB guidelines and has business knowledge on both the Standardized Approach and Internal Model.:
- Deliver on promises while keeping good communication lines with clients and partners
- A collaborative approach to solving problems while bringing positive energy to the team
- Ability to give and receive professional feedback
- Ability to combine functional market risk requirements and technical solutions into a proposal that can be agreed by multiple stakeholders. Therefore, we add high value on personal skills that embed vision and decisiveness
- Know what it takes to apply knowledge to market demands, makes complex (data)analysis and translates business requirements into clear product requirements and user stories
- Natural seniority to make a direct impact on the direction of the squad and chapter
- Seasoned IT-technical knowledge to be able to create functional specifications and designs
- Experience in coordinating medium projects including stakeholder management and communicating with other project teams
What you bring to the team:
- Education Bachelor and/or Master level in Economics, Finance (or related degree).
- Self-starter, 5+ years of industry experience in IT (financial software)
- Banking/Financial Markets products/processes knowledge, familiar with Market Risk Management and working on regulatory projects (FRTB)
- You know what it takes to act as an Information/Business analyst, also focusing on craftsmanship, continuous improvement opportunities and personal development
- Ability to clearly explain features or user stories during refinement session to the squad and to lead demo sessions to users and stakeholders
- Experience in test case development and test execution
- Knowledge of Agile Methodologies
- An excellent spoken and written command of English
Nice to have:
- Affinity with working with data vendors like Bloomberg
- Familiar with snapping data from vendors terminals.
- Experience in performing the role of the Product Owner
If you have a passion for Financial Markets and IT then you we would love to talk to you!