Sustainalytics has been a leading independent provider of Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) research for the last 25 years. Our insights are used by clients to make better informed investment decisions, engage with companies in relation to their business activities and drive change.
Sustainalytics is a growing organization with 700 employees and 17 offices globally. We have a flexible and supportive working culture and empower our employees to progress and develop quickly in an entrepreneurial environment.
For more information, visit www.sustainalytics.com
Under COVID-19 circumstances, all Sustainalytics employees are now working from home. More than ever, ESG factors are critical to building a more ethical and sustainable global economy. Our teams need passionate colleagues to join us in delivering quality research products to our clients worldwide.
Our recruitment and selection process is continuing via phone or video meetings. New team members are onboarded and start their first day with the company from the safety of their homes.
We rely on virtual team meetings and management practices, as well as a remote buddy program, to support a smooth integration in our virtual offices.
POSITION PURPOSE & KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
As a Business Analyst in the Digital Innovations team, you will be involved in a broad range of tasks, combining independent work and collaboration with various stakeholders with the aim of creating, maintaining, and improving various knowledge systems and smart technologies used for automated information retrieval. The main responsibilities of this position will be as follows:
- Develop knowledge bases (queries, Booleans, regular expressions) for information retrieval and extraction purposes;
- Develop (with the support of the team lead) simple taxonomies;
- Manage and execute smart technology aimed to retrieve and analyze relevant data from the web and/or many offline documents
- Conduct effective project management to ensure key project deadlines are met
- Engage and communicate with internal stakeholders to translate their business needs into technical solutions
- Experience with automated information retrieval technologies such as web crawling and text mining
- Experience working with both quantitative and text-based data
- Knowledge of Python. Knowledge of other programming languages such as R, SQL, and VBA a plus.
- Advanced MS Office skills (Excel, PowerPoint)
- Ability to work towards fast moving, strict deadlines, that are set with high-quality standards in a dynamic working environment
- Flexible mindset with strong ability to adapt for constantly shifting business requirements and needs
- Proficient business English oral and writing skills (the company’s working language is English)
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, capable of understanding and speaking both technologically and from a business perspective
- Understandings of the basics of knowledge management and knowledge engineering; or
- Knowledge and understanding of the services industry (preferably the financial service industry in combination with the SRI/RI market);
- Experience working in a fast-paced, dynamic working environment
- Master or bachelor’s degree in related discipline (business, finance, information science, ICT)
- Passion about global sustainability issues like environment protection or human rights