SAP started in 1972 as a team of five colleagues with a desire to do something new. Together, they changed enterprise software and reinvented how business was done. Today, as a market leader in enterprise application software, we remain true to our roots. That’s why we engineer solutions to fuel innovation, foster equality and spread opportunity for our employees and customers across borders and cultures.
SAP values the entrepreneurial spirit, fostering creativity and building lasting relationships with our employees. We know that a diverse and inclusive workforce keeps us competitive and provides opportunities for all. We believe that together we can transform industries, grow economics, lift up societies and sustain our environment. Because it’s the best-run businesses that make the world run better and improve people’s lives.
Business Development Specialist gathers data regarding their customers' markets. Conduct intensive research pertaining to channel development, product and services development and distribution). Assist marketing and help to develop new business strategies, conduct market analysis, and develop new and improved methods for marketing products and services through various new and traditional media for both Software and Cloud environments cross- industry and customer segment.
EXPECTATIONS AND TASKS
- Assess opportunities and target markets; commercialize and execute on new deals and revenue programs; conduct intelligence gathering on customers and competitors.
- Develop formal proposal and presentation management, pitch and presentation.
- Help position our competitive advantage for customers and prospects to leverage cloud deployment models and other innovative technologies to achieve strategic business objectives.
- Organize complex project work streams into a comprehensive program and implement status tracking methods to ensure complete transparency to all stakeholders.
- Make necessary decisions at the program level to keep work streams on track.
- Provide clear, concise oral and written communication to all levels of the organization.
- Liaison with clients, both external and internal, to meet business goals.
- Develop complex models, confirm and coordinate all information flow, deal process and deal timing with portfolio management.
- Business model design account planning and performance monitoring, proposition development and campaign development.
- Supports the development of team members (direct and indirect) and coordinate work projects as needed.
- 3-5 years of professional experience in enterprise software sales, sales enablement industry operations, corporate development.
- Experience in program planning and / or evaluating new business development opportunities in new or emerging markets.
- Experience in Cloud in the B2B environment.
- Demonstrated success in working in a matrix environment.
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATION / SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Engineering or Computer Science required.
- MBA or advanced degree in related discipline preferred.
- Excellent communication and proficient negotiation skills.
- Conversational fluency in English, any other language an asset.
- Fluency in the language of local markets required.
- Awareness of cloud, Hosted Services, and SaaS/ PaaS models, cloud -based commerce/ business networks.