Location: Bucharest, Romania
The people we all rely on to make the world go round – they rely on Thales. Thales rely on its employees to invent the future: right here, right now.
Present in Romania for over 40 years, Thales is expanding its presence in the country by growing its Digital capabilities and by developing a Group Engineering Competence Centre (ECC). Operating from Bucharest, Thales delivers solutions in a number of core businesses, from ground transportation, space and defence, to security and aeronautics.
Several professional opportunities have arisen. If you are looking for the solidity of a Global Group that is at the forefront of innovation, but with the agility of a human structure that tailors to the personal development of its employees and allows opportunities for evolution in an international environment, then this is the place for you!
You work in a national and international project environment in a team that develops modern data applications for the configuration of electronic interlocking systems, train control systems and dispatching systems for the railways. You are responsible for the design, implementation and testing of software solutions that are used to create software and hardware data, e.g. for the new generation of Thales interlocking systems. You work in an agile environment using the latest development technologies.
Your tasks include:
- Coordination and documentation of requirements for data applications in cooperation with product developers and users;
- Development of trend-setting technical concepts for the automation of the data engineering and data verification process;
- Software architecture and software design;
- Implementation and test of software solutions;
- Implementation of continuous integration and test automation;
- Creation of the user documentation;
- Consultation and training of the users regarding the use of data applications.
Successfully completed technical studies or university studies in the special field of computer science or railway safety technology (or equivalent).
Functional skills - mandatory:
- Very good knowledge in object-oriented programming including experience with unit test (programming languages Java, C #);
- Knowledge of continuous integration, deployment and code analysis technologies (Jenkins, Nexus, Sonarqube);
- Very good technical comprehension and analytical skills to analyze complex tasks;
- Interest in data, data processing and functional dependencies;
- English – business fluent;
- German – medium.
Functional skills - advantageous:
- Knowledge of XML technologies, relational databases and web applications;
- Experiences with Git and JIRA iTask;
- Knowledge of railway safety technology.
- At Thales we provide CAREERS and not only jobs. With Thales employing 80,000 employees in 68 countries our mobility policy enables thousands of employees each year to develop their careers at home and abroad, in their existing areas of expertise or by branching out into new fields. Together we believe that embracing flexibility is a smarter way of working. Great journeys start here, apply now!