As a PS Global Portfolio Manager, you are at the centre of the changes focused on our internal staff (our Local Partner Services (LPS) organisation of circa 2k people) through supporting our accommodation partners. You will have a critical role in setting up the roadmap for delivering a coordinated and sequenced Portfolio of outcomes and initiatives with a global reach. You will support the prioritisation of decisions to ensure the Portfolio remains aligned to our strategic direction over time, with the experience of our Local Partner Services teams, Partners and customers at the heart of the decision making.
Drawing on and aggregating the detailed knowledge of the Project and Programme managers, you will develop a breadth of knowledge across the entire Portfolio and work. You will build and maintain close links with a large stakeholder group across Central Partner Services, the ABU and the regions, to ensure aligned roadmaps with clear mapping and management of dependencies and risks, against defined success criteria.
You will be empowered to create the processes and governance required for effective portfolio management and will have outstanding stakeholder engagement skills, and will need to be able to exert a high level of influence across a broad stakeholder group, with the ability to identify and resolve contention as it arises from a total Portfolio view. You will act as an escalation point for contention arising from a total Portfolio.
While your primary focus for this year will be to set up the portfolio management, you will also be able to shape the requirements for what your team needs to look like, and be empowered to hire, grow and develop a Portfolio team next year.
The role requires someone who is a team player, well organised and extremely strong stakeholder management and influencing skills. Expect to interact daily with roles across the organisation, from business units, local teams and senior management.
The role requires someone who is a team player, hyper organised with extremely strong stakeholder management and influencing skills. Expect to interact daily with roles across the organisation, from business units, local teams and senior management. High levels of energy, tenacity and enthusiasm are required. This role starts as an individual contributor, therefore someone who is fully prepared to roll up their sleeves and get things done, focusing on operational delivery is critical. This will need to be balanced with creating the vision for the future including how to build the craft and the team
- Design and implement processes and governance for portfolio management, with a focus on optimising and continuously improving
- Design the requirements and operating model for a future Portfolio team, defining the capabilities and roles required in order to build the team in the near future
- Influence and matrix manage multi-disciplinary teams to achieve and deliver work, in line with business objectives with the LPS and Partner experience at the heart of decision making
- Manage and oversee the planning and controlling of the portfolio end to end from intake to delivery
- Create clear integrated roadmaps with the involved teams, identifying areas for alignment for the impacted audiences
- Drive vision for the portfolio towards clear business objectives, scope, requirements & success criteria
- Monitor and review plans, risks and dependencies, identify conflicts and make recommendations to resolve
- Ensure frequent contact with project/programme leads to manage project roadmaps, status and progress with a focus on risks and dependencies.
- Work closely with Change management, Communications, Knowledge management, and Learning teams to determine the impact, activities and planning required to land the changes to LPS
- Present the progress status of the portfolio (and underlying projects/workstreams) in the governance meetings to gain input and direction from the leadership team.
- Escalate risks/issues/dependencies and prioritisation to governing parties.
- Manage relationships with central and regional stakeholders to ensure the portfolio is running effectively.
- Gather and utilise feedback from the impacted audiences to inform on portfolio activities and roadmap decisions.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent.
- 5-8 years of progressive experience in portfolio/programme management function end to end is required.
- Experience with a range of different methodologies and techniques e.g. Project management, MoP/PfMP certification
- Proven track record of independently managing simultaneous complex programmes/portfolios
- Experience must include significant work with senior leadership
- Change management experience & mind-set.
- Strategic thinker, able to balance long-term vision with short- and medium-term goals. Think holistically and be able to articulate long term vision.
- Ability to drive vision for initiative/program towards clear business objectives, scope, requirements & success criteria
- Strong communicator with ability to effectively facilitate, influence and align multiple stakeholders, including senior stakeholders.
- Ability to actively influence cross-team relationships to gain wide acceptance of interdependencies and collaboration.
- Have a solid business understanding, independently use quantitative and qualitative data to drive decision making and metrics for success.
- Excellent organisational skills and ability to meet tight deadlines in an environment with competing priorities.
- Ability to break up a complex problem into actionable and easy to understand solutions.
- Ability to operate in a fast pace, dynamic environment and able to work under pressure. Able to adapt and succeed in an ambiguous and changing environment.
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy
If your application is successful, your personal data may be used for a pre-employment screening check by a third party as permitted by applicable law. Depending on the vacancy and applicable law, a pre-employment screening may include employment history, education and other information (such as media information) that may be necessary for determining your qualifications and suitability for the open position at Booking.com.