The newly rebranded Cloud & Platform Technology (CPT) franchise sits within Group CTO function. We are responsible for forward looking technology across Deutsche Bank (DB) and offer 4 macro products: Application Platforms, Data & Analytics, Process & Automation and Developer Tooling. We aspire to be the benchmark technology organization in DB. This role is part of the CPT Engineering function and reports into the Vice President for respective product lines.
Our goal is to build & offer simple self-service shared platforms for clients to consume and in turn run their own business applications on. We’ll use a combination of open source technologies coupled with Cloud native services and use automation for efficiency and accuracy. Our highest priority is to satisfy the customer through early and continuous delivery of valuable software and technology.
You need to be an excellent Cloud Engineer, communicator and feel comfortable interacting with stakeholders at various levels within the client organization in an emphatic and considerate way. You must have strong proven experience and show commitment to deliver in Agile process highlighting change while accelerating delivery.
We are looking for motivated candidates that show us:
- Great stakeholder management and communication
- Ability to translate customer and product requirements into stable, sustainable and reusable solutions
- Excellent team work with collaborative, innovative and intelligent problem solving
- Ability to lead and guide other colleagues
- Can work under pressure and be delivery focused and pragmatic
- Ability to identify inefficiencies, duplication and look at ways and means for simplification
- Excellent communication and problem solving skills with team culture.
Technically, we are looking for excellent experience in:
Requirements (Skills and experience)
- 5 years overall hands-on experience in programming and data structures / data engineering
- Strong experience and commitment to deliver in Agile processes highlighting change while accelerating delivery
- Knowledge of “Lean” Principles (experience working with Scrum, Kanban)
- Strong analytical skills and ability to combine data from different sources
- Analyze and organize raw data to support company requirements
- Great knowledge of RDBMS and NoSQL principles and technologies and experience in working with such systems
- Experience in working with/on data warehouses, ETL and reporting/analytic tools and environments
- Experience with designing, building, operationalizing, securing and monitoring data processing systems
- Experience writing software in one/more languages (Java, Python, Scala, Go) and experience in using SQL
- Knowledge about aspects regarding security and compliance, scalability and efficiency, reliability and fidelity, flexibility and portability of data processing systems
Preferred qualifications (Nice-to-Haves)
- Good knowledge/experience in working with/of following technologies: Apache Beam, Apache Spark, Apache Hadoop
- Google Cloud certification (Cloud Certified - Professional Cloud Data Engineer)
- Other Big Data or Data Engineer certification
- Good knowledge of the following GCP services: Cloud Storage, Cloud SQL, BigTable, BigQuery, Dataflow, Dataproc
- Ability to leverage, deploy and continuously train pre-existing machine learning models
- Knowledge of proven Machine Learning models and techniques, ability to frame ML problems, ability to designing and develop Machine Learning models
Our values define the working environment we strive to create – diverse, supportive and welcoming of different views. We embrace a culture reflecting a variety of perspectives, insights and backgrounds to drive innovation. We build talented and diverse teams to drive business results and encourage our people to develop to their full potential. Talk to us about flexible work arrangements and other initiatives we offer.
We promote good working relationships and encourage high standards of conduct and work performance. We welcome applications from talented people from all cultures, countries, races, genders, sexual orientations, disabilities, beliefs and generations and are committed to providing a working environment free from harassment, discrimination and retaliation.