Job Description - Cloud Specialist - OCI- Infrastructure Advanced Networking (20000RDT)
All over the world, people's lives are better because of Oracle. Want to make a difference? Join our company of change-makers.
From Oracle to culinary school and back again. Bonnie Carlson Kaypaghian uses the skills she learned to create recipes for her daughter’s Type 1 Diabetes and has written a cookbook to share with the world. #LifeatOracle
As a Snr Cloud Engineer within the EMEA Technology Engineering HUB , your goal is to support the EMEA Technology Cloud Engineering organizations in activities such as:
- Developing proof of concepts/custom demos and positioning OCI products by presenting compelling technology solutions to Oracle customers
- Responding to tenders by providing commercially savvy answers to solution/product questions posed by customers to aid their selection of new products/solutions
- Running Workshops to advise customers and partners on how to best use Oracle products
- Researching and learning Emerging Technology and Processes
A significant portion of your time will also be used to stay up to date on the latest product releases and Oracle’s cloud strategy. This is done through self-study, online training, and classroom trainings depending on the topic.
In the Hub we believe it’s very important that the candidate has the characteristics to easily develop the right mindset for the job. This would mean that you feel responsible for making sure that the customer embraces the benefits of our solutions, based on your understanding of the real business needs of that customer. For the Hub, we are looking for individuals who are willing to take on the challenge of building excellent product knowledge and to combine this with a good commercial sense, clear communication while working in an international environment.
To fulfill the role of an Oracle Cloud Infrastructure Cloud Specialist, we are looking for individuals that match the following profile:
- Experience on working with Infrastructure Advanced Networking skills is mandatory
- Good understanding of the IT market landscape & trends
- Technical/IT education, university degree with post-graduation, Engineering Degree
- Works in an IT related role today (pre-sales consultant, Solution Engineering, technical support, consulting, development)
- An understanding of architecture, knowledge of Overall Cloud and Infrastructure
- Good understanding of the following areas: Infrastructure – complete knowledge of storage , networking and virtualization Movement and loading of LARGE quantities of data to Cloud Terraform , Chef, Ansible – IaC - experience is highly desirable Hands on experience on any one cloud – AWZ, Azure , Google or Oracle is must Good understanding of Database and related technologies Expertise in networking will be a big plus Storage Technologies Virtualization and consolidations Ability to scope and define benchmark projects Exposure to Competitive Products would be a big plus
- Experience using or managing Windows, Linux and other os on cloud.
- Eagerness to learn! Oracle has an incredibly broad (and growing) portfolio of industry leading products. If you find it interesting and fun to pick up a new product and master these in a very short timeframe, this is the place to be!
- Good communication skills, both oral and written! You are able to not only understand complex technologies but also to explain to others in clear and simple terms. You can articulate key messages very clearly.
- Being able to present in front of customers
- Working with virtual teams and interacting with people across the organization as well as customers
- Proactive approach to the task and self-learner
- Openness to work with different languages & cultures
- Results orientation, you won’t be satisfied until the job is done with the right quality!
- Ability to work in (virtual) teams. To get a specific job done often requires working together with many colleagues spread out in different countries
- Self motivated, you have the natural drive to learn and pick up new challenges
- Total experience: Minimum of 8 plus years and above.
- Work experience in a similar role is an added advantage.
Detailed Description and Job Requirements
Provides direction and specialist knowledge in applying the technology/application to client business. Facilitation of customer product/application understanding through presentations demonstrations and benchmarks; provision of support throughout the sell.
As a Senior Sales Consultant you will be responsible for providing presales technical / functional support to prospective clients and customers while ensuring customer satisfaction with minimal supervision. Acts as a technical resource for less experienced Sales Consultants. Develop and deliver high quality standard Oracle presentations and demonstrations. Present and articulate advanced product features and benefits, product future direction and overall Oracle solutions. Design, validate, and present Oracle software solutions to include advanced product concepts, future direction, and 3rd party complimentary products. Develop and manage reference sites through high quality technical, professional client relationships.
Job duties are varied and complex, needing independent judgment. May have project lead role. 5 years vendor (sales and marketing) experience. 5 years relevant computer applications or database/tools. Demonstrated proficiency in one multi-user operating system. Through knowledge of system and application design. Strong verbal and written communication skills: needs analysis, positioning, business justification, closing techniques. Demonstrated ability to solve complex technical problems with accounts in complex technical environments. Ability to travel as needed. BS degree or equivalent; advanced degree desirable.
As part of Oracle's employment process candidates will be required to successfully complete a pre-employment screening process. This will involve identity and employment verification, professional references, education verification and professional qualifications and memberships (if applicable).
:Regular Employee Hire