Job Type: Permanent
Application deadline: 22.02.2021
BAT is evolving at pace - truly like no other organisation.
To achieve the ambition, we have set for ourselves, we are looking for colleagues who are ready to live our ethos every day. Come be a part of this journey!
The role is responsible for providing transactional support and reporting for Regions within Limited risk distribution (LRD) model Nicoventures Trading Limited (NVT).
Reports to: Senior Corporate Finance Manager
What you will be accountable for
- Provision of transactional accounting support to Regions and other BAT subsidiaries ensuring transactions are posted accurately and have the adequate back up information within LRD business model;
- Review of recharging methodology for non-standard recharges to ensure compliance with LRD governance and to put in place resolution where necessary;
- Execute the intra group recharges on the timely and accurate manner and resolve any queries raised by Regions;
- Ensure the service agreements are in place for the intra group recharges in line with Group Services Manual guidance;
- Assist with ad-hoc requests from the markets to full fill the local legal, fiscal and regulatory requirements;
- Assist with reporting for the companies under New Categories umbrella not set up in BPC;
- To seek opportunities to increase effectiveness and efficiency of the Corporate New Categories reporting within NVT.
Essential experience, skills and knowledge
- Degree educated with part qualified professional accountancy qualification (i.e. CA/ACCA/CIMA);
- A good understanding of group and corporate finance principles/experience and ability to deliver commercial insights in a constantly evolving area of the business;
- Ability to handle a high volume of data and present in a simple, innovative and impactful way using all current systems to simplify and automate information management. i.e. SAP/ BI/BPC;
- BPC/SAP experience;
- Ability to prioritise and is resilient;
- Ability to identify process and reporting improvements and proactively implement solutions;
- Ability to work independently handling partners across a wide range of location and markets;
- Works as an effective Business Partner with a collaborative and flexible style. The role will require integration with Commercial Finance, R&D Finance and Operations Finance, IT Finance;
We are BAT
At BAT, we are committed to our Purpose of creating A Better Tomorrow. This is what drives our people and our passion for innovation. See what is possible for you at BAT.
- Global Top Employer with 53,000 BAT people across more than 180 markets
- Brands sold in over 200 markets, made in 44 factories in 42 countries
- Newly established Tech Hubs building world-class capabilities for innovation in 4 strategic locations
- Diversity leader in the Financial Times and International Women’s Day Best Practice winner
- Seal Award winner – one of 50 most sustainable companies
Belonging, achieving, together
Collaboration, diversity and teamwork underpin everything we do here at BAT. We know that collaborating with colleagues from different backgrounds is what makes us stronger and best prepared to meet our business goals. Come bring your difference!
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
British American Tobacco is one of the world’s leading multinational companies, with brands sold in over 200 markets, made in 44 factories in 42 countries.
We are proud that we are consistently among the top 5 companies on the London Stock Exchange.
Our portfolio includes our world-famous Global Drive Brands – Dunhill, Kent, Lucky Strike, Pall Mall and Rothmans – along with many other leading international brands, such as Vogue, Peter Stuyvesant and State Express 555.
Alongside our traditional tobacco business, we are also developing products that offer consumers potentially less risky alternatives to regular cigarettes. Our Next Generation Products are already leading the way in the Industry of vapour and tobacco heating devices. We continue to develop a solid portfolio of consumer solutions which already include well known global brands like Vype, glo and Voke.