Purpose of position:
The Corrosion engineer (projects) will be responsible for implementation of the Corrosion Management Framework requirements, CMF implementation strategy programs in all Upstream Assets facilities and pipelines, which are subject of new construction, upgrading, modification, improvement and repair projects.
- Ensures CMF requirements implementation according to an appropriate CMP for Projects .
- Provide Corrosion Management engineering support to Projects for CMF requirements implementation.
- Responsible to drive implementation of the Corrosion Management Plans (CMP) requirements, following the execution/implementation of all necessary measures (control and monitoring) and to align to the existing CMP (if exist) of the facilities or pipelins under upgrading, modernization or repair works.
- Contributes to the development of the CMF implementation strategy and of the specific plans
- Responsible to ensure/develop/review corrosion management plans (CMP) for the existing operated facilities and pipelines which are subject of upgrading, modification, improvement and repair projects and for completely new facilities (flow lines, piping, vessels, tanks, compressors, pumps, etc) and pipelines projects.
- Ensure that all facilities have CMP's developed and approved and all required measures to control and monitor corrosion threats are implemented accordingly and in installed at the moment of commissioning and start-up.
- Familiar with the cost of corrosion control and monitoring measures and understand the CAPEX and OPEX budget implication depending on the applied solutions. An integrated view and close link to operations is required as the Assets are the final beneficiary.
Required knowledge & experience:
- A professional with minimum of 5 years' experience in process and utilities of petroleum refineries, chemical process plants or E&P operating areas environment; background in inspection techniques and corrosion monitoring and control area. Has strong knowledge of procedures and processes / best practices related to E&P field activities and regulatory requirements related to the job.
- Excellent knowledge of Corrosion management best practice and specific experience for all dynamic and static equipment in an oil and gas plant or similar industry (E&P production systems), corrosion management chemistry, inspection methods and operation practice for Corrosion prevention.
- Collection and analysis of the technical standards issued by the Oil /Gas Companies and International Standards Bodies etc. (EN, ISO, API, NACE, ASME, etc).
- Liaising continuously with major material/equipment suppliers regarding the latest developments in technologies in the specialized field of corrosion.
- Familiar with relevant company standards /procedures/work instruction and provides when required review and improvement.