As a Billing Data Analyst you will work from our headquarters in Amsterdam and report to the Global Billing Team Lead within the O2C department. The Billing team currently consists of 10 members responsible for monitoring billing for our partners worldwide.
In this position you will be a key contact for billing. You will develop a strong understanding of billing matters (operational, processes and data) and use your understanding to support process improvements and business decisions. As a result, you will acquire an in-depth knowledge of Booking’s business and internal organization. The role involves interaction with stakeholders across various teams therefore it is essential that you have excellent social and communication skills in English.
Due to the rapid growth of the organization, the tasks and duties of this role may evolve over time. You will be keen to develop and grow within the role and to take on additional challenges and responsibilities as they occur.B.responsible
- Effectively handle queries from internal and external stakeholders (O2C, Tax, Accounting, Banking) while building and maintaining an excellent relationship.
- Ensure that credit & debit note requests are issued on time and correctly
- Analyze current billing process aiming to maintain and/or improve billing quality
- Ensure billing accuracy by running controls (including SOX controls) and reports that help understand billing performance and identify improvement points.
- Detect errors in billing processes and make appropriate corrections. Resolve complex billing issues.
- Work to continually understand financial needs while aligning them with business requirements and technical capabilities.
- Support the team in achieving departmental goals, quality controls and strategy
- Excellent communication skills, both written and spoken
- Data driven, possesses a strong analytical sense
- Thoughtful and organized
- Subject Matter Expert in Billing processes
- Basic knowledge and usage of MySQL
- Able to manage relationships across departments
- Able to see the bigger picture and leverage data to inform decision making
- Ability to execute and optimize operational processes
- Ability to step back from operations and see the end to end process
- Financial background with 3+ years experience in a specialized area
- Bachelor degree in Finance, Economics or related field
- Ability to work on complex problems through analysis of processes and data
- Strong understanding of business practices and systems.
- Proactively drive assigned projects to reach the preset objectives.
- Capacity to recognize financial implications of business decisions and strategy.
- Knowledge of SQL, Hadoop, SAP.
- Sensitive to security and confidentiality of information.
- Thorough decision making skills.
- Strong presentation and interpersonal skills
- Knowledge and experience using data analysis and visualization tools (e.g.: tableau, data studio, powerbi, mixpanel, etc.) is a plus.
- Knowledge and experience with Python/R. Experience with at least one data analysis language (e.g.: R, SQL, Python, etc.) is a plus.
We are a performance-based company that offers career advancement and market competitive compensation, including bonus. We also offer what is called the “Booking Deal” with competitive benefits.
Booking.com BV, part of Booking Holdings (NASDAQ: BKNG), is the global market leader in online hotel reservations. Established in 1996, www.booking.com is available in 43 languages, offers more than 2,000,000 hotels and accommodations in 200 countries, features 30+ million reviews written by guests after their stay, and attracts online visitors from both leisure and business markets around the globe. With over 20 years of experience and a team of over 15,000 dedicated employees in 115+ offices worldwide, Booking.com BV and its various support companies around the world operate an in-house customer service team, which is available 24/7 to assist guests in their native languages and ensure an exceptional customer experience. The Booking.com group offers a dynamic work environment with a culture that is open, innovative and performance oriented, and believe our people and their passion is what makes us successful.
If your application is successful, your personal data may be used for a pre-employment screening check by a third party as permitted by applicable law. Depending on the vacancy and applicable law, a pre-employment screening may include employment history, education and other information (such as media information) that may be necessary for determining your qualifications and suitability for the open position at Booking.com.