NXP Semiconductors N.V. (NASDAQ: NXPI) enables secure connections and infrastructure for a smarter world, advancing solutions that make lives easier, better, and safer. As the world leader in secure connectivity solutions for embedded applications, NXP is driving innovation in the automotive, industrial & IoT, mobile, and communication infrastructure markets. Built on more than 60 years of combined experience and expertise, the company has over 29,000 employees in more than 30 countries and posted revenue of $8.88 billion in 2019.
Enterprise Applications is an IT domain responsible for enterprise IT applications and their integration in support of global enterprise business processes. The Enterprise Architecture Office is part of Enterprise applications and responsible for application and information architectures and its governance. NXP IT is a “no-nonsense organization” where creating practical value to the business is the primary objective. The Enterprise Architecture Office is supporting the IT organizations through improvement of the architectural practices within IT, in a broad sense. The work of the Enterprise Architecture Office includes improvements in architecture and design descriptions, modelling the information landscape and architectural landscape, creation of reference architectures, creation of roadmaps, studies on promising technologies and supporting new initiatives. This work is embedded in the organization and has led to a better execution of projects and a better maintainable and more Agile IT landscape. A transformation to a more data oriented architecture is seen as vital to keep supporting the business strategy where IT applications are becoming more transient.
- The scope of your architecture role includes defining data and models as well as assessing innovative technologies and methodologies e.g. in the area of hyper automation.
- You need to be sufficiently technology savvy and experienced to carry out hands-on experimental work and can oversee end-to-end implications of architectural decisions.
- You will enable to unlock and connect the information generated in our processes and systems in support of smart and timely decisions. This includes working with a wide range of data from relatively low volume master data to streaming high volume IoT data using Machine Learning and high quality prediction and detection systems.
- The data centric activities are diverse in nature and therefore a broad knowledge and understanding is required including data science analytical/statistical models and Machine Learning.
- In the Enterprise role you are expected to be self-propelling and support other architects and data scientists. You oversee, coordinate and support data centric initiatives in all business areas.
- A Master’s Degree in Computer Science, Econometrics, Artificial Intelligence, Mathematics or equivalent;
- 3-5 years of experience in data architecture / data science
- Experience with conceptual, logical and physical data modeling and metadata management
- Experience in data mining, machine learning and in statistical (regression, clustering and classification), descriptive and diagnostic methods; knowledge of forecasting methods;
- An inquisitive mind-set eager to solve complex problems;
- Demonstrable programming experience in programming and query language such as Python/Java/JSON/C/C++/R/SPARQL/SHACL;
- Experience with handling large data sets using Hadoop and the MapReduce framework and Hadoop’s related database systems;
- Preferably experience with event sourcing and stream processor technologies such as Kafka and Apache Spark
- Experience with NoSQL and Graph databases, such as MongoDB, Cassandra, Redis, OrientDB, Dydra
- Capability to understand relevant business data in their context with eye for the big picture as well as detail.
- Background of working as a team lead and architect on large projects/programs
- Familiar with Agile methodologies (SAFe, DevOps); certification is a pré
- Excellent communication skills with a high standard in English verbally and written
- Highly collaborative and self-propelling / pro-active: Internal drive to contact the right persons to make progress and organize the work with minimum supervision
- Easy to work with people with a different background and attitude, e.g., both theoretical oriented persons as well as practically oriented persons
- Pragmatic: Able to combine a theoretical background with a practical capability in getting results
- Persistent and the patience to think to a deeper level before coming to conclusions
- Able to provide guidance and structure in complex journeys
- Full time employee
- Partly remote work is an option.
- Occasionally there may be a telco in the evenings, i.e. with colleagues in other locations. This can be done remote.
Creating Secure Connections and Infrastructure for a Smarter World
NXP Semiconductors N.V. (NASDAQ: NXPI) makes products and environments safer, more sustainable, and more secure with innovative connectivity and edge processing solutions for a smarter world.
We are in the business of better. Not just better technologies, but better innovations to improve society. As the world leader in secure connectivity and processing solutions for embedded applications, NXP is solving the world’s most complex technology challenges to accelerate business innovation, enhance how we work, and advance how we live.
Ready to create a smarter world? Visit our and follow us on social: , and .
What can you expect
Contract: This is a fulltime position with a permanent contract
Compensation: Besides a good salary, you will be eligible for our bonus plan and receive lunch vouchers, a number of vacation days based on seniority and the possibility to buy company shares with a 15% discount. We also have flexible work hours and a work from home policy.
Development opportunities: We believe that a key component to growing our business is to develop our people. To enable you to grow your career at NXP, we offer online and offline learning opportunities to help you develop some of your core and professional skills.
Our office: We are based in one of the high tech hubs in Bucharest with easy access to public transport and restaurants and parks close by. We have many relaxation areas on-site, including a little library where you can borrow books, sofas to relax in a quiet place and a cafeteria and restaurant in our common area.
Hiring process: Applying only takes a minute! Fill in the online application and share your CV with us. After a positive screening based on your CV you will have an initial phone or video conversation with our Talent Acquisition Consultant followed by several business interviews. Here are some to help you prepare.
And more: Life at NXP is more than work alone. We like to start our day with a free coffee and chat with a colleague and on Thursdays we have fresh fruits for all employees. Join us at one of the many social activities that are organized by and for employees such as our Christmas parties, our employee children’s party and food fairs. Or help us give back to society by donating blood or collecting clothes and food for children in need.
If you’re excited about this opportunity, we kindly invite you to apply!