· Ensure smooth and timely customs process flow.
· Understand all the elements of the import, export customs SOP, and correctly interpret this information to fulfill our customers’ instructions and expectations.
· Ensure accurate and timely data entry into our operating system.
· Transpose customs declaration information from documents, or other sources into the customs entry system to allow for the build of a valid customs declaration.
· Assist with verification of customs declaration information and the submission of such to the customs authority, if the case.
· Track and trace Customs files.
· Verify documents received for Import and Export customs purposes are compliant and correct.
· Contribute to maintain strong relationships with partner branches.
· Ensure compliance at all times to regulations. This includes internal policies and procedures such as Operational Process Standards (OPS) and external government regulations (eg. OEA) or customer policies / requirements.
· Understand department process flow, constantly looking for areas of improved efficiency.
· Keep up to date on all regulatory requirements governing the import and export of goods. This includes but is not limited to customs procedures for imports and exports, other government agency requirements i.e. health, agricultural, police and military, export controls and prohibited and restricted goods. Meet KPI standards, as per the company’s procedures.
· Overseas communications, timely responses to emails and requests (internal and external)
· Escalation of problems to Management when necessary
· Meets company standards of 52 hours training per year per employee.
· Attend training classes when required. Complete mandatory training when required.
· Promote compliance in diligently following all company policies and regulations and performing the task at hand with outstanding integrity and pride.
· Adhere to the company’s 10 cultural attributes: Appearance, Attitude, Confidence, Curiosity, Excellence, Integrity, Pride, Resolute, Sense of Humor, and Visionary.
· Good knowledge of customs brokerage process and system essential
· Good knowledge of customs legislation, especially with regards to classification, valuation and origin
· Understanding of ocean, transcon and air documentation process
· Knowledge of air, road and ocean transport
· Good knowledge of incoterms
· Hazardous Materials certification (preferred)
· Effective interpersonal skills, including proven abilities to listen, comprehend, effectively communicate clearly and concisely to obtain positive results
· Pro-active, strong organizational skills
· Good computer skills (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
· Fluent in English
· Positive and willing to help attitude
· Adhere to the company’s 10 cultural attributes: Appearance, Attitude, Confidence, Curiosity, Excellence, Integrity, Pride, Resolute, Sense of Humor, and Visionary
What do we offer?
- Private Medical Insurance
- Meal Tickets
- Bonuses based on Performance
- Training and Personnel Development Program
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Training and Education Program
Expeditors International Romania S.R.L.
Willbrook Platinum Center (Corp B)
Şos. Bucureşti-Ploieşti Nr. 172-176, Et. 3
Sector 1, Bucureşti, România
ll your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.