An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Database Administrator to join our established team to support the management and maintenance of client databases. This is a work-from-home position for our growing team in Romania, and may be based anywhere in the country.
Responsible for data cleansing, preparing data for import and conducting compliance checks our ideal candidates will have;
- Experience with excel, HTML and databases, ideally in a similar role;
- A thorough and methodical approach;
- Excellent attention to detail and organisational skills.
We offer a competitive salary, friendly working environment and the chance to work in a progressive business with a good career structure. In-role training and development will be provided.
eDriving is a global driver safety management system. Our proven systems reduce road accidents, collisions, injuries and licence endorsements through a patented closed-loop driver behaviour-based safety programme that reduces collisions by up to 67%.
With clients including BT, Royal Mail, Nestle and Ecolab, we are the partner of choice for many of the world’s largest and safest commercial driving fleets. Established for over 23 years we have served over one million drivers in 45 languages and 96 countries. Our programme has been recognised through 70+ client and partner awards around the world.
Please apply here, including your CV and a covering letter telling us why you would be great in this role and including your current salary details.
Full Job Description - Database Administrator
Working closely with our Software Engineers, the main focus of the role is to support the management and maintenance of client databases.This involves:
- Maintaining support to enterprise client databases;
- Data cleansing of large volumes of client data;
- Reformatting data in order to accurately match the format and structure of internal database and spreadsheets;
- Building and creating new databases;
- Documenting database rules, processes and client information;
- Generating queries and reports;
- Identifying and reporting potential risks which arise from inadequate procedures, systems or data handling;
- Conducting compliance checks and preparing reports for required changes and to meet policy / process changes;
- Diagnosing low level database problems, running back ups, maintaining security, configuring systems, administering database and performing file maintenance;
- Collaborating with team members to collect requirements and troubleshoot;
- General IT support/maintenance and updates where necessary;
- This list is intended to be fluid and ever-changing, and may not contain all activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of an eDriving team member. All employees may perform other duties as assigned or as they become apparent, necessary, or helpful.
Recruiting criteria – we are seeking a candidate who can demonstrate the following skills, abilities and experience,
- Experience in a similar role involving data administration is advantageous;
- The use of a thorough and methodical approach;
- Excellent attention to detail;
- Accurate keyboard skills;
- Good communication skills and the ability to work as a member of a team as well as independently;
- Excellent organisation and co-ordination skills with the ability to keep track of progress when working on large volumes of data;
- The ability to organise own work in order to manage multiple priorities;
- Good IT Skills with working knowledge of MS Office including excel;
- Knowledge of SQL and advanced Excel skills would be an advantage;
- Previous experience of working in an office environment.
Due to the nature of the business, the candidate offered the role will be required to complete a Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check. Further details will be supplied closer to the time.