The Enterprise Support and Services Department based in Bucharest is looking for a new enthusiastic member!
As an Enterprise Support Senior Engineer, you will be responsible with ensuring a high quality technical assistance for the Bitdefender business clients world-wide, within the required performance and SLA requirements. You will act as a liaison between Bitdefender and its existing customers.
The services provided by the Level 3 Support team are focused on ticketing and issue tracker based assistance, however, sometimes you will also be required to coordinate remote sessions, direct emails, and phone calls with the customers, for a better visibility and more efficient troubleshooting of the reported issues.
In this process, you will act as a link between our customers’ needs and the other departments by performing escalations to the other departments, providing detailed descriptions or reports where necessary. You will thus be required to work closely with the software testing and development teams, as well as other Bitdefender experts, in a youthful and competitive environment, which will enrich your experience and broaden your perspective.
Senior Support Engineer profile and responsibilities
- has gained proficiency in multiple information technology and security competencies relevant to the job
- possesses a deep understanding of the organization's products and services and performs complex problem solving and assistance on diverse support cases from the customers, escalated by lower level support teams
- provides complex technical support and assistance to customers via tickets, email, phone, and/or other remote methods, as required
- may be required to supervise and guide lower-level representatives and engineers during remote sessions with the customers and during incidents
- is able to work independently within established procedures associated with the specific job function
- provides customers with preventive maintenance and configuration recommendations to improve product usability, performance, and customer satisfaction.
- documents client interactions, including details of inquiries, complaints, comments and actions taken, according to the department's standards and using the company provided support tools and platforms.
- builds and maintains a consolidated relationship with Bitdefender customers
- provides in-depth individual and/or group instruction and training to engineers and representatives from other support levels.
- writes and maintains internal and public KB articles, documents projects (if needed)
- contributes to maintaining currency of knowledge with respect to the support department, including but not limited to company's products and services, procedures, workflows, regulations/standards and best practices, general IT technology, etc.
- performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned by his superior support manager or director.
- Minimum 3 years of proven professional experience (technical support field)
- Microsoft Windows 7/8/10 Advanced Administration
- MacOS/iOS experience is a plus: installation, advanced administration, troubleshooting, deployment
- Windows Server 2008/2012/2019 Advanced Administration;
- Windows Services knowledge including, but not limited to, AD, DNS, DHCP, File Services, Remote Services etc.
- Basic (or higher) scripting knowledge, in one or more languages of choice, is a plus (e.g. PowerShell, Bash, Python, Perl etc.)
- Linux (and/or Unix) Advanced Administration - installation, maintenance, upgrade, networking
- Ability to read logs and debug various Linux services and technologies, including, but not limited to, nginx, Squid, NTP, SyslogD etc.
- Ability to read logs and events and debug various Windows services.
- At least basic database management skills. Previous experience with NoSQL is a plus (MongoDB).
- Good understanding of various web app technologies, like PHP, Node.JS, APIs, JSON/XML etc
- Virtualization technologies Advanced Administration: VMware ESXi/vSphere (6.0, 6.5, 7.0), Citrix Xen Server, Microsoft Hyper-V
- Containers technologies knowledge (Docker, Kubernetes, OpenStack etc.) is a plus
- Medium/Advanced knowledge of TCP/IP Networking concepts and hands-on experience (CCNA level or higher)
- Basic knowledge of log collection SIEM software (Splunk, QRadar, SumoLogic)
- Previous experience with antimalware products administration is a plus
- Previous experience with mobile device management and security solutions is a plus
- Excellent English verbal and written communication skills
- Other language skills are a plus (e.g. German, Spanish, French)
- Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent proven work experience
- Excellent troubleshooting and diagnostic skills
- Efficient time management and a great team player
- Quick learner, dynamic, energetic and customer-oriented
Powered by JazzHR