Are you passionate about technology? Want to kick start your career within a leading global organisation? Our hands on role as a Data Center Technician might be the role for you.
Who are we?
Equinix is the world’s digital infrastructure company, operating 200+ data centers across the globe and providing interconnections to all the key clouds and networks. Businesses need one place to simplify and bring together fragmented, complex infrastructure that spans private and public cloud environments. Our global platform allows customers to place infrastructure wherever they need it and connect it to everything they need to succeed.
We are a fast-growing global company with 70+ consecutive quarters of growth. Through our innovative portfolio of high-performance products and services, we have created the largest, most active global ecosystem of nearly 10,000 companies, including 1,800+ networks and 2,900+ cloud and IT service providers in over 26 countries spanning five continents.
Joining our operations team means that you will be at the forefront of all we do, maintaining critical facilities infrastructure as part of a close-knit team delivering best in class service to our data center customers. We embrace diversity in thought and contribution and are committed to providing an equitable work environment. that is foundational to our core values as a company and is vital to our success
As a Data Center Technician, you will be part of a team that is at the core of our Equinix Operations department, providing 7/24/365 support to the Data Center and conducting circuit maintenance, installations and advanced testing. You will also be responsible for the daily upkeep and operation readiness of Equinix’s data center environment.
- Installation, termination, testing and labeling of all cross-connects (CAT6, Fibre, MDF phone line) in the IBX.
- Perform remote hand services for customers.
- Troubleshooting circuits with use of OTDR and BERT Equipment.
- Hardware installation including: shelves, power strips, rails, cable management, and customer equipment.
- Report current status via the ticketing system, shift reports, and email.
- Manage multiple concurrent interdisciplinary projects and ability to work in a team.
- Exhibit quality workmanship on all work and maintain collocation space cleanliness.
- May perform other duties as assigned.
- Completes all assigned training in a timely manner
- Supports customer satisfaction through timely and precise orders
Qualifications / skills
- Advanced written and verbal English skills.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills.
- Positive attitude who enjoys working in a team
- Ability to perform manual handling, climb ladders and lift 25 kilos
- Must be flexible to work shifts including nights, weekends and public holidays.
- IT or Telecommunication qualification – degree or diploma preferred
- This is an entry level role where we accept new to career and graduates
Are you interested?
Click apply now!
You can also check out our YouTube page to find out more about us: