The Ubisoft Bucharest studio is looking for an Environment Artist to join our ambitious Production team.
An Environment Artist at Ubisoft takes part in creating the vast Open Worlds in which our games take place. Building Open World Games brings forth challenges, and the ideal candidate is experienced in modeling & texturing, as well as in level art & lighting.
The Environment Artist we are looking for should have a strong understanding of composition and architecture principles in order to create esthetic, functional and immersive locations.
You are a click away to JOIN a passionate team with an excellent artistic & technical knowledge, all driven by the desire to design and develop innovative games that stand out for their quality.
Your main mission:
• Create environments in tight collaboration with Level Designers;
• Determine the objects and layout compositions required and adjust the work according to the story and the gameplay;
• Create 3D assets and textures in line with the project's artistic and technical direction;
• Integrate assets and textures produced in the game engine;
• Verify the quality of your work once imported into the game, and make improvements when necessary;
• Understand and apply graphic principles;
• Use artistic references to improve visuals;
• Use specific project tools in order to achieve best results and meet deadlines;
• Respond to and implement changes according to the received feedback
What you'll bring as experience:
• Experience in 3D modelling (high poly & low poly) alongside 2D graphic skills
• Experience with 3D Studio Max, Substance Painter, Z-Brush, Photoshop etc.
• Good notion of composition rules, proportions and a good eye for the detail;
Nice to have:
• Knowledge of the technical constraints linked to real time, 3D engines and level editors is a plus;
• Knowledge of other 2D-3D software is considered a plus;
• Previous experience working in the gaming industry is considered a plus;
• Leadership skills are considered a plus.
What you'll bring as a colleague:
• Curiosity and a strong interest in the video game industry;
• Team player, building good relationships and proactive;
• Easily adaptable, able to fast learn technical constraints of platforms, engines and software;
• Creative, with high standards;
• Responsible and resourceful;
• Efficient and hardworking;
• Positive attitude;
• Good knowledge of English.
Why choose Ubisoft Romania?
Ubisoft Romania is defined by three main pillars:
- Production: creates amazing games that have a strong impact on tens of millions of players around the world;
- IT: delivers reliable services and engineers products for Ubisoft’s community of players, game development teams and employees;
- Quality Control: guarantees a smooth and non-interrupted experience by maximizing the quality of the games.
You will have the chance to work with the latest technologies and collaborate with our talented teams from around the world.
We aspire to offer our employees an environment and culture where everyone can thrive. We offer a variety of perks that support physical, emotional and intellectual well-being such as health and benefit packages, opportunities for career development and learning, free access to bikes and a library at your disposal.
Find out more about Ubisoft Romania: https://www.ubisoft.com/en-US/studio/bucharest.aspx
Ubisoft’s 19.000 team members, working across more than 40 locations around the world, are bound by a common mission to enrich players’ lives with original and memorable gaming experiences. Their dedication and talent has brought to life many acclaimed franchises such as Assassin’s Creed, Far Cry, Watch Dogs, Just Dance, Rainbow Six, and many more to come. Ubisoft is an equal opportunity employer that believes diverse backgrounds and perspectives are key to creating worlds where both players and teams can thrive and express themselves. If you are excited about solving game-changing challenges, cutting edge technologies and pushing the boundaries of entertainment, we invite you to join our journey and help us Create the unknown.
If this sounds like you, please apply via our career portal. The application should include your resume, highlighting your experience, education and skills.