We create smart innovations to meet the mobility challenges of today and tomorrow. We design and manufacture a complete range of transportation systems, from high-speed trains to electric buses and driverless trains, as well as infrastructure, signalling and digital mobility solutions. Joining us means joining a truly global community of more than 75 000 people dedicated to solving real-world mobility challenges and achieving international projects with sustainable local impact.
Job title: Field QA Engineer
Based at: Romania-Alba-Iulia
Alstom in Romania has been present for over 20 years employing today around 450 people. Alstom, registered major success in infrastructure, signaling and also services. The long term service agreement for the maintenance of the rolling stock of Metrorex is a major reference and shows the expertise of Alstom in this field. Alstom will continue to grow his business in Romania proposing further services for the local market and export, creating regional hub in Services and Signaling.
The Simeria Sighisoara Project is part of the program of rehabilitation of the line “Simeria– Sighisoara” (160 km) that is part of the European Corridor IV. The purpose of the project is to increase the running speed from 120 km/h to 160 km/h. The increase of the running speed requires the implementation of “the signalling code with four indications on BLA distances” and of “the signalling system with multi-step speed (MSS) in stations”. The home signals and the departure signals in each station will be relocated, because of the railway track systematization works. The existing train speed control and automatic stopping system (INDUSI) will be maintained for the trains running at speeds up to 120km/h that are not equipped with on-board ETCS unit (OBU). At “green” and “Blinking green” indications, the 500 Hz and 1000/2000 Hz indicators will be passive. For the national and international trains running at speeds up to 160km/h, and equipped with on-board ETCS unit (OBU), the ETCS Level 2 system with GSM-R will be implemented. This system transmits the movement authorization, the speed profile, etc, by GSM-R, to the on-board ETCS unit that controls the train speed.
Ensures the on field quality assurance on the Simeria - Sighisoara project.Ensures consistency between the project quality, delivery objectives and the customer’s satisfaction
Specific responsibilities of the role:
- Be part of the interface with the customer quality and installation team.
- Plan & perform Installation & Commissioning Project Quality (Installation Reviews, Commissioning Reviews, Installation Supplier Audits …).
- Ensure the existence of a synchronized schedule of deliverables by the different “metiers”.
- Ensure Project Quality Plan and Installation Management Plan application and supports the preparation of related Reviews
- Control of effective application of installation, test & commissioning and maintenance standards required by the Project.
- Report quality alerts (internal & suppliers): Alert to Project Quality Manager in case of identified gap Raise Non Conformities Issues, achieve the Non Conformity Sheets and animate problem solving during project execution phase.
- Field Operation and Service Quality performances consolidation of data.
- Control project deliverables' compliance through inspections and audits.
- Define control phase of the quality installation control plan with the support of Installation Manager and Commissioning Manager.
- Ensure the application and follow up of the quality installation control plan of the project.
- Check the integrity and the Quality documents of the parts delivered on site, fill-in the Incoming Reception forms
- Participate in final inspection of the unit to register open point in order to classify and follow up it until its closure.
- Manage day-to-day relationship with Installation Suppliers and partners to maximize Customer Satisfaction.
- Work in cooperation and share intelligence with the System Project Quality Manager
Qualifications & Experience
- Graduate engineering background, preferred with minimum 1 to 2 years experience in the railway industry or technical background with 5 years experience in the railway industry.
- Good knowledge of Quality, Safety and Environmental systems.
- IT literate (Office suite – e.g. Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Languages English good / French or Italian language spoken will be an advantage.
An agile, inclusive and responsible culture is the foundation of our company where diverse people are offered excellent opportunities to grow, learn and advance in their careers. We are committed to encouraging our employees to reach their full potential, while valuing and respecting them as individuals.