If you believe in creating something extraordinary, you’ll fit right in at Hach. You’ll find we’re always looking to improve. You’ll notice we believe that we can be better tomorrow than we are today. Some call it dedication, others call it drive, we call it passion. Hach is here to ensure water quality for people around the world. Want to join us in this mission? We are ready for your best. DIVE IN. HAVE IMPACT.
ENSURING WATER QUALITY FOR PEOPLE AROUND THE WORLD – Providing access to and information about water is our number one responsibility. Both around the corner and around the globe, we are committed to providing innovative solutions that help ensure that communities large and small have water that is safe, accessible and available for all. Develop your skills and grow your expertise while playing a role in improving the quality of life for people around the world. Learn more about how you can make a difference at Hach by visiting.
Purpose of Position
The Service Engineer will be responsible for Field work within Romania according home base and service planning requirements. The Team Engineer will also be responsible for achieving service revenue, productivity, and profitability target.
- Repairs, maintains and installs Hach Lange instruments across the Romania.
- Provides effective and specialist product and customer support of Online Process & Laboratory Hach Instruments
- Ensure accurate and on time contract / service invoicing
- Support Sales teams with complex service quotes and contract agreements where required
- Work closely with service administration to ensure professional customer visit planning and execution
- Generate service LEADS in order to maximize service revenue and customer satisfaction in the region
- Actively accept and implement the deployment of field service standard work / best practice / EU initiatives to improve profitability, top-line revenue.
- Adheres to field service policies, procedures and standards
- Promotes the selling of service contracts and other Hach products
- Other relevant duties as assigned
The Field Service Engineer reports to the Team Lead Service Romania
Internal relationships are outlined below:
- Field Service Engineers
- Service Coordinator
- EU Tech Support
- Customer Service / Support
- Sales / Sales Manager
- Country Manager
- EU Service Leadership team
- System integrators
Measures of Performance
- Service revenue + profitability, inventory, leads
- Customer satisfaction
- Quality of repairs (First-Time-Fix)
- Timeliness of work (Past-Due)
- Ensure safety processes in place for field service teams
Desired Background and Skill Requirements
- Minimum 3 years working experience in a technical environment – hands-on field service experience essential
- Supervisory or people management experience
- Effective personal and project time management and ability to manage multiple tasks
- Proven customer interaction skills with a commercial attitude
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, including Excel, Word + strong computer skills
- Demonstrates a sense of urgency in problem solving and commitment to deliver revenue/profitability to plan
- Team player
- Must have a valid driver’s license
- Fluent English language in spoken and written form and overall good communication skills.
- Accuracy and attention to detail; Methodical and familiar with check & test procedures.
- Willingness to work with products from or in industrial and wastewater sites.