We strongly believe in cohesion and team spirit. Creating mobile video games involves strong collaboration with different types of talents. It is the coming together of skills – from producers, developers, game designers, artists, marketers, game monetization managers and more - that creates games people want to play. Here, we learn from each other and value talent more than focusing on hierarchy.
We are looking for a motivated and skilled Game Server Developer (C++/C#) to join our talented and friendly programming team.
Our new colleague will write game code on server side in order to keep the games safe of hacking, will develop features on online/game server side. He/she will work closely with the game designers and producers enabling us to deliver the best mobile gaming experiences. We implement world-class game architecture.
- You will be responsible of the rolling of a live game with billions of users;
- Work on online systems that will impact the experience of millions of users;
- Implement online features (gameplay, leaderboards, matchmaking, tournaments, social networks) using our current SDK/library/tools;
- Expand, maintain and optimize the internal library/tools used in our games;
- Perform client/server programming for an asynchronous game;
- Develop the game according to the game design document and the programming rules already in place;
- Integrate gameplay code with server;
- Document the code and design and share the information with the team.
- Strong programming skills in C++;
- A creative problem solver, able to quickly learn and utilize unfamiliar concepts;
Considered a plus:
- C# programming experience;
- Experience in client server programming;
- Experience with Linux;
- Experience in video game programming or other 3D applications (homemade applications accepted);
- Familiarity with Unity;
- Passion for games and/or game development.
Why join us:
What do you say about joining not just any gaming studio, but a dynamic powerhouse for extraordinary gaming experiences right in the Heart of Transylvania? Since August 2010, when we first opened our gates in Cluj-Napoca, we seem to have found the perfect ingredients to create the right work environment: cultural diversity, enthusiasm, boldness, mutual trust, kindness and a constant need for self-improvement.
Not only do we value work efficiency, but we also know the importance of corporate social responsibility. That is why we regularly get involved in various projects that help us give back to our community. More than that, we let our surroundings inspire us to great lengths. In just a couple of years, we became one of the central quality assurance studios in Gameloft. Nearly all Gameloft titles released over the last decade have been present in Cluj in the hands of our multi-talented Quality Assurance departments. We consider ourselves craftsmen of our respective trade and take pride in striving to achieve the best in our work, while also having fun and enjoying the ride. Our mission is to perfect our craft continuously and to create the best mobile gaming experiences, appreciated by our fans all over the world. We put the players ahead of anything else and we want our games to always provide the best experience, no matter the platform. Quality is our commitment.
Creating games in the heart of Transylvania gives us access to its cultural heritage and offers us a unique outlook towards the future. Our first in-house IP, Iron Blade Medieval Legends, is a perfect example: we blended classic RPG mechanics with an innovative control scheme, creating a true-to-life recreation of the best preserved medieval castles in Romania! How cool is that?
On top of that, being part of our team means access to various social benefits, including a medical insurance package, gym and swimming pool access and also on site cervical massages and eye exams. Our offer includes relocation assistance, a merit based salary progression system and a competitive initial salary package with lots of career-development opportunities. Oh, and we have short Fridays, in order to allow our employees to invest in their hobbies.
So, are you ready to join the game and be a part of a dynamic, challenging and motivating working environment within a fast growing company? We are so looking forward to meeting you! Apply now if you think you are a good fit!
What Gameloft Cluj can offer you even more?
- Lunch tickets.
- Short Friday.
- Medical insurance package, in partnership with Regina Maria Clinic.
- Supportive working climate, a team with a free communication style and the chance to be rewarded for outstanding performances.
- A chance to work in a real multinational team.
- A modern office complex