This is an incredibly exciting time to join the Garrett Advancing Motion team! Garrett is the true pioneer of automotive turbocharging dating back more than 60 years, and continues today as the world's leader in turbo technology solutions and an experienced supplier of electric boosting products and automotive software to support passenger cars, commercial vehicles and off-highway equipment. With a worldwide footprint of engineering centers, testing labs and manufacturing facilities, Garrett Advancing Motion serves all major automotive companies to implement key differentiated technology offerings.
As a testimony to its success, Garrett business into a stand-alone, publicly traded company. Being a stand-alone company will provide Garrett the independence, focus, direct financial resources, and flexibility required to adapt quickly to market and customer dynamics, and we want you to be part of its evolution. Both new and existing employees will have a more direct benefit from the company’s performance in a multitude of ways.
- Develops & implements functional excellence framework & excellence assessment standards integrating functional standards and industry best practices.
- Drives problem Solving & Continuous Improvement at every level culture at the GEM for Supply Base, Finance & Human resource functions level to affect business metrics and goals in an accelerated fashion.
- Partner with local Functional GEM Leaders to develop GEM capability of functional leadership to deploy GEM framework, tools, processes, systems by training, coaching, mentoring etc
- Monitor results, GEM sustenance process effectiveness, deep-diving within functions to understand the modes of failure, table it for the discussions to drive the improvements in standards.
- Drive implementation of leading practice, good practices, GEM Practice standardization, standard tools etc of Garrett & industry best practice.
- Ensure Global GEM practice standards are consistently implemented across functions.
- Lead / Facilitate strategic improvements & addressing common systemic issues involving cross functional teams as required.
- Position reports directly to the GEM Director
Main scope focus of the role
Training & facilitation of deployment: GEM functional champions,
Functional GEM deployments: Training Mentoring, Coaching, GEM progress Monitoring, Reporting, onsite Gemba & Assessment standardization & deployment
Lead Strategic improvement Projects Kaizen events
YOU MUST HAVE
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Engineering, or Operations Management preferred. Master’s Degree a plus
- Master Black belt or Lean Master certified from ASQ or equivalent. Lean Expert Certified with multiple cycles of learning,
- 5-10 years progressive operational experience. Multiple cycles/assignments of learning in operations or functional area at manager, functional leader or equivalent level.
- 5+ years of proven leadership experience in implementing the Excellence standards at multiple function & Locations.
- Demonstrated ability to lead change initiatives and drive process excellence
- Demonstrated project management experience to manage multiple priorities in a highly matrix-ed organization
- Excellent written communication skills , articulation of standards and processes
- Hands on Experience on TPS / Lean Management system or similar operating systems or Excellence System implementation as an Leader /Trainer / coach / mentor is mandatory
- Experience in Lean / Excellence system for Non Manufacturing, functional excellence system (Example: Supply chain, Procurement, Finance HR) experience is recommended. Quality management system Knowledge is an added advantage
- Excellent communication skills with history of influencing multiple levels of the organization.
- Proven ability to assess the lean or Excellence maturity level of the Function /business process
- Ability to communicate across all the levels in the organization
- Knowledge of Business excellence systems like Malcom Baldridge Excellence system / European Foundation for Quality Management System (EFQM).- is an added advantage
- Continued Professional Development
- 20 – 30% Travel Required
- International, fast-paced environment with respect for people
- Competitive compensation & benefits package
- Professional development & growth