This role is an exciting career opportunity for those of you who aspire to develop a carrier in the accounting and finance fields. As we started to transition General Accounting activities to our office in Bucharest, you will have the unique chance to actively participate in the transition process and play a key role in standardizing processes, implementing work procedures, creating and updating training materials. Candidates must have a keen interest in a fast-paced work environment and be proficient in organization and time management.
Your main responsibility will be to perform general accounting related tasks (cash application, account reconciliations and analysis, journal entries, etc.) and support the Canadian business units finance teams in the period-end (month-end, quarter-end, year-end) closing.
To succeed in this role, you need to stay organized and take full ownership of the tasks assigned to you. You need to have a strong focus on producing high-quality work and be able to deliver results while working with short deadlines. Our team thrives on challenges and as the ideal candidate, you are confident in developing innovative solutions and promoting these through sound accounting practice.
The General Accounting Agent is part of the General Accounting Team of SNC-Lavalin’s Finance Shared Service Centre based in Bucharest.
- Perform accounting activities related to period-end closing or bookkeeping for SNC-Lavalin legal entities
- Prepare bank reconciliations, general ledger accounts reconciliations
- Prepare, analyze and book accruals, overhead allocations and intercompany transactions
- Coordinate, prepare, review and distribute financial reports and analysis
- Prepare and post journal entries & statutory financial statement
- Analyze capital expenses and fixed assets, maintain continuity schedules
- Administer long term contracts
- Proficiency in English is a must, French is a plus
- University Degree in the field of Finance (Accounting is considered a plus)
- Experience in financial systems and office solutions, preferably Oracle
- Excellent knowledge of the Microsoft Office Suite
- Experience working in a shared-services, process-driven or service centre environment
Capabilities and qualifications
- Ability to work under pressure and with short deadlines
- Strong customer service orientation
- Ability to set priorities and complete multiple tasks simultaneously
- Ability to work well both as part of a team and individually
- Attention to detail and high level of accuracy and efficiency
- Flexibility, especially at month-end closure
Our offer towards work-life balance
- Flexible working schedule – organized in 3 shifts: 9:00-18:00, 10:00 - 19:00 and 13:00 - 22:00* Monday to Friday*3 mandatory evening shifts per month
- Evening shifts bonus
- Work from Home
- Motivational financial package & flexible benefits
- Easter and Christmas bonus
- Direct contract with SNC-Lavalin
- Team buildings, Fun@Work activities
- Free French language classes
- Learning and Development programs, Training, Career opportunities
- Employees Wellness Program – fresh fruits, chair massage, counseling sessions, additional sick days, employee wellness rooms
- A friendly and dynamic work environment
- CSR & Sport activities
At SNC-Lavalin, we seek to hire individuals with diverse characteristics, backgrounds and perspectives. We strongly believe that world-class talent makes no distinctions based on gender, ethnic or national origin, sexual identity and orientation, age, religion or disability, but enriches itself through these differences.
SNC-Lavalin cares about your privacy. SNC-Lavalin and other subsidiary or affiliated companies of SNC-Lavalin (referred to throughout as “SNC-Lavalin”) are committed to protecting your privacy. Please consult our on our Careers site to know more about how we collect, use and transfer your Personal Data.
By submitting your personal information to SNC-Lavalin, you confirm that you have read and accept our Privacy Notice.