As a GIS Analyst, you will be working on leveraging geo data with geospatial tools & methodologies to deliver innovative GIS solutions to various stakeholders. You will support team members & key stakeholders in understanding objectives and gathering requirements while delivering rich geo content. Additionally, visualization and bringing out key insights & documentation will be your calling card.
Geo Solutions Team
Geo solutions team is a mix of deep domain expertise in geo data and GIS. We leverage geospatial methods, tools and techniques to develop rich content and innovative solutions that help broader teams to tackle their complex and most pressing issues.
Our team owns the full GIS value - chain end to end by framing the business requirement, building the geo data, maintaining the quality benchmark, designing innovative scalable location intelligence solutions and bringing awareness to broader teams in B.com
Key GIS/Technical Skills
- Geospatial data visualization & analysis using ESRI toolkit: geographic cluster recognition, image classification, pattern recognition etc.
- Experience in core GIS methods: Geocoding, projection system, geo referencing, cartography, proximity analysis, catchment analysis, customer segmentation etc.
- Knowledge of open source & geo data sources: population density, street level information, census, public transit etc.
- Knowledge of basic GIS toolkit: ESRI, QGIS, Alteryx, PostGIS and Geo libraries of Python to perform basic spatial analysis.
- Solid understanding of ArcGIS extensions: Network Analyst, Spatial Analysis and Geostatistical tools
- Familiarity with mapping tools: Carto, Tableau and ArcGIS;e.g. visualizing & analyzing various data sources to understand the spatial distribution e.g. urban sprawl, retail zones etc.
- Attention to detail with strong problem solving skills
- Ability to define and implement database structure for new geo database, comparing different datasets
- Writing queries in Hadoop but also at least being able to modify and run Python scripts to fetch data; ArcGIS API for Python is a plus
- Proactively reach out to stakeholders to communicate about the timelines, methodology, challenges execution details by managing expectations on solutions delivery
- Familiarity with remote sensing is a plus; core image classification and segmentation methods using ArcGIS; e.g extracting beach data at a scale using image classification using GIS toolkit
- Ability to contribute with communicating Geo data through AGOL story maps & visualizations
- Business awareness: Be a thought partner while defining the problem at hand by closely understanding the business needs and impact
Experience & Qualifications:
- Undergraduate degree in a field linked to GIS, business analytics or related field; advanced degree is preferred
- At least 2-3 years of of relevant industry experience with GIS and 1-2 years of experience with coordinating projects
If your application is successful, your personal data may be used for a pre-employment screening check by a third party as permitted by applicable law. Depending on the vacancy and applicable law, a pre-employment screening may include employment history, education and other information (such as media information) that may be necessary for determining your qualifications and suitability for the open position at Booking.com.