You are a wicked smart engineering student with good understanding of SW development fundamentals, design and technical documentation. Once committed to the cause, you will design, document and develop SW modules that will be provide A-class services to millions of users worldwide.
Ultimately, the SW services that you will design and implement will help protecting people in the connected world.
We are pushing boundaries, driven by the purpose of building the most innovative IoT & Smart Home Security platform in the world. Experimentation, encouraging new ideas and sharing knowledge is our main strength.
Being part of the SafeThings team, you will collaborate with the development teams running key components, built atop diverse technology stacks. You will also act as a partner for the DevOps and QA team, to make sure our deliverables and products make us proud.
You will report directly to the Director of IoT Labs in Bucharest.
What you need
- Good hands-on experience with SW design and development fundamentals in any main stream programming languages (C, C++, Java, Node.JS);
- Good experience as technical writer of SW design and development specifications;
- Familiar with Git or other versioning system;
- Knowledge of functional programming (from Java8, Scala, Haskell);
- Analytical skills along with an interest for demystifying problems;
- Great sense of responsibility and commitment;
- High expectations with regards to quality and ethics – personally and professionally;
- Understanding of the Rest API paradigm.
What you will do
- Technical writer of SW design and development documentation, specification, business logic call flows, architecture diagrams;
- Design, extend and implement highly scalable and highly optimized microservices in Java or Node.JS for our backend systems that integrate with various components from Avira SafeThings ecosystem;
- Develop distributed/scalable systems and high-volume transaction web applications in a 24/7 environment which includes NoSQL databases, Kafka, Elasticsearch, Logstash and Kibana;
- Work with the Product Manager and other teams including embedded development, network intelligence and mobile development team to deliver new features for our products;
- Work closely with the DevOps and QA teams in our unit to make sure our products keep up to high standards.