This is an invitation for the leader in you to dream big and act on it.
Join us to learn more about the dreams we are turning into reality.
@Deutsche Bank Bucharest Excellence Center.
We have a well-defined vision in Corporate Bank, with high impact:
Corporate Banking is a technology centric business, with an increasing move to real-time processing, an increasing appetite from customers for integrated systems and access to supporting data. This means that technology is more important than ever for the business.
Deutsche Bank is one of the few banks with the scale and network to compete aggressively in this space, and the breadth of investment in this area is unmatched by our peers. Joining the team is a unique opportunity to help rebuild the core of some of our most mission critical processing systems from the ground-up.
Our Corporate Bank Technology team is a global team of 3000 coders (and growing!) across 30 countries. The primary businesses that Corporate Bank support are Cash Management, Securities Services, Trade Finance and Trust & Agency Services. CB Technology support these businesses through CIO aligned teams and also by 'horizontals' such as Client Connectivity, Surveillance and Regulatory, Infrastructure, Architecture, Production, and Risk & Control.
Surveillance & Regulatory: Surveillance and Regulatory Technology is responsible for delivering solutions that protect the bank’s financial and reputational interests from potentially criminal or inappropriate behaviour by our clients, employees, vendors. It enables the bank to manage its compliance to regulations and the risk appetite to stay in business in the various legislation. In addition, the function, is responsible for driving improvement across the IT delivery cycle through adoption of best practices, automation tooling and metrics, as well as developing a target state DevOps capability.
The Lead Engineer leads the definition of the Target State Architecture for a specific business unit or infrastructure layer. The Lead Engineer ensures adherence to rules and defined roadmap, provides horizontal oversight, architectural and technical governance, is responsible for longevity, scalability and resiliency of technical solutions delivered to the customers. Provides thought leadership to technologists within the scope.
As a Lead Java back-end engineer, you will be involved in:
- Developing new technology applications in partnership with Business and Operations stakeholders to transform the Corporate Bank – Surveillance and Regulatory business.
- Working in a global environment with distributed delivery teams, proposing the technical design and developing microservices to meet the functionalities required by the business
- Coaching/mentoring more junior team members
- Shaping the future of our technology stack and applying it innovatively to solve complex problems.
- You will value a software craftsmanship approach to software development, taking pride in well-crafted software that steadily adds value.
- Embracing automated unit/integration testing as a standard development practice.
- Promoting a DevOps/SRE culture and modern toolchains to support continuous delivery.
We will be happy you to bring:
- 8+ years prior experience with Java (Java 8 is a plus), preferably with near real time event based systems.
- Prior experience with Spring framework (Spring boot)
- Knowledge regarding Apache Camel is a plus
- Prior experience working with XP practices and Agile software methodologies and tools (Jira, Confluence)
- Experience designing, developing, and maintaining complex applications using TDD and BDD practices.
- Ability to develop reusable and performant clean Java code aligned with good architectural and design principles.
- Experience building message driven applications.
- Desirable to have experience with data streaming and processing technologies (Apache Kafka)
- Practical experience with modern DevOps/SRE build chains and CI/CD tools (Maven, Gradle, Git, Jenkins or TeamCity).
- Have experience of deployment to container environments (OpenShift, Docker, Kubernetes).
- Working knowledge of building Microservices.with REST APIs.
- Build your career further in the FinTech world as one of the BEX pioneers;
- Make use of all our available resources to further develop your projects and personal interests;
- Target exceptional rewards and benefits as a measure of your contribution to the team;
- Ask for support and flourish in a truly global environment.
Our values define the working environment we strive to create – diverse, supportive and welcoming of different views. We embrace a culture reflecting a variety of perspectives, insights and backgrounds to drive innovation. We build talented and diverse teams to drive business results and encourage our people to develop to their full potential. Talk to us about flexible work arrangements and other initiatives we offer.
We promote good working relationships and encourage high standards of conduct and work performance. We welcome applications from talented people from all cultures, countries, races, genders, sexual orientations, disabilities, beliefs and generations and are committed to providing a working environment free from harassment, discrimination and retaliation.