Your Role in a Nutshell
We’re looking for a Senior Java developer to design and develop application code, in response to business requirements and problem tickets.
Components will be defined and implemented in close collaboration with Treasury business and the Treasury IT team. The workflow comprises the delivery of interfaces to/ between the existing product instances, production support teams.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Design, develop and document Java / JSP based software components for Treasury Applications
- Complete and elaborate technical software design (high level design) in accordance with solution(s) standards
- Participate in design/code reviews and resolve findings in reviews (4 eyes principle) of developed source code
- Identify dependencies between software product components, between technical components (such as database tables and master data files), and between applications and interfaces
- Measure and analyze code for quality
- Ensure that all code changes are tracked and recorded through the groups change management process and that development is scheduled and approved
- Capture build and deployment notes, develop software product deployment & operating instructions
- Collaborate with functional analysts and technical specialists to complete work
- Ensure adequate and accurate documentation at various stages of work in accordance with SDLC documentation requirements.
Your Technical Skills
- Excellent knowledge of Java 8, Spring, Spring Boot, JUnit, Tomcat, Servlet technology
- Messaging Technology and Tools: JMS or comparable low latency systems
- Experience with SOAP, Web Services (restful services)
- Database Technologies: Oracle/Sybase , SQL and T-SQL
- Experience of working in an agile team as well as globally distributed project team
- Experience in source code management, continuous build and integration technologies and hands-on experience with resp. tools, e.g. Perforce/Subversion/GIT, Maven, Hudson/Jenkins, ANT
Your Soft Skills
- Ability to write high quality code according to DB standards
- Strong analytical skills
- Ability to solve production problems
- Hands‐on contributor
- You keep pace with technical innovation
- Strong interfacing with other groups (global team), i.e. on the infrastructure, application, business layer is essential.
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university with a concentration in computer science or software engineering - (or equivalent diploma/work experience)
- 3-5 years of work experience in IT
- 3+ years of application developer experience
A little bit more about you
- You are energetic, you have initiative and project a positive attitude
- You seek to have a job purpose that makes you proud and helps you learn more about yourself
- You like to challenge your lateral thinking towards solutions and continuous improvement
Our values define the working environment we strive to create – diverse, supportive and welcoming of different views. We embrace a culture reflecting a variety of perspectives, insights and backgrounds to drive innovation. We build talented and diverse teams to drive business results and encourage our people to develop to their full potential. Talk to us about flexible work arrangements and other initiatives we offer.
We promote good working relationships and encourage high standards of conduct and work performance. We welcome applications from talented people from all cultures, countries, races, genders, sexual orientations, disabilities, beliefs and generations and are committed to providing a working environment free from harassment, discrimination and retaliation.