The Lead System Architect will provide technical leadership and will be responsible for establishing the direction for the IT architecture, standards, design and implementation approaches for the company’s application systems, infrastructure and/or network-based cloud product systems. He will have to create, evaluate and implement plans and design proposals for high impact IT solutions and their use involving leading edge technologies and methods considering key factors such as their long-term effectiveness (service delivery and cost), practicality, technical limitations and criticality.
- Leads or contributes to designs applied to all aspects of business systems and/or infrastructure prototypes and eventual implementation.
- Performs work of high complexity and derives logical processes based on technical platforms.
- Engages in performance/integration testing, problem analysis, business and technical analysis.
- Possesses broad and deep skills across disciplines, serving as a mentor to colleagues on the team.
- Performs IT functions such as design, analysis, evaluation, testing, debugging and implementation of applications programs supporting the company infrastructure business processes and operations and/or network-based (cloud) product systems.
- Analyzes, installs, acquires, modifies and supports operating systems, database or utilities software.
- Plans, conducts and directs the analysis of business problems with automated systems solutions.
- Analyzes, designs, acquires and implements projects for LAN and/or WAN systems.
- Plans, designs, acquires and implements telecommunications voice/wire systems. Contribute to the development, testing, evaluation or design of system or infrastructure architecture used throughout the IT solution set.
- Provides coaching and development plans for the IT system engineers under his direct supervision.
Our Bucharest office is full of “rebels” - people who like to challenge the status quo. We’re a fun group always looking for ways to make an impact and we enjoy the freedom and autonomy we are allowed in our jobs.
Our culture began day one when three Danes poured their brains and soul into creating a platform that could connect every business in the world. We expect each employee to approach their work with the same amount of pride and passion. One day you might find us having a ping pong match in the middle of the work day, and then you’ll find us handing off projects to colleagues in different time zones so we can continue progress around the clock.
TradeShifters come from various backgrounds and nations, and we all thrive off challenging the status quo. We take pride in nurturing employee happiness, encouraging personal development, and welcoming teammates from all walks of life.
Why you might like working here:
- You love autonomy and the freedom to get your work done how you want
- You like sharing your opinions and feeling like they matter
- You want to work for a company that requires you to bring your whole self to work every day: brains, heart, and guts.
- Ambitious international startup, and agile environment in Bucharest, Romania
- Competitive compensation package
- Career and professional development opportunities (workshops, trainings etc.)
- Trips to design-camps for working with and learning from professionals in other countries
- Flexible work hours
- Company laptop provided
- Medical Subscription
- Meal tickets of 15 lei value for each working day
- Free drinks & snacks daily, fresh fruits every Monday and Wednesday
- Safe outdoor bike parking spot
- Access to Bookster
- Friendly and relaxed working atmosphere
- Relaxing spots, games - ping pong, board games
- Fun team-bonding events such as Team Camps, Hack-a-thons, Game & Field Days,
- Welcome Breakfast, Happy Hours, Birthdays Celebrations and more!