Job Description/ Responsibilities:
- Provide system administration services for Linux infrastructure and development systems (deployment, system configuration, scripting, application management);
- Ensure systems are kept in required configuration profile, including maintenance, changes as required by evolvement of production environments, updating software and software configurations;
- Troubleshoot Linux systems, identifying hardware, software (both OS and application level), and networking issues
- Assume other duties / projects as they arise and be responsive to the needs of the department;
- Actively contribute to all ongoing and new internal projects;
- Keeping up to date with the latest position related technologies;
- Performing specific failure recovery procedures for managed systems and applications;
- Ensuring that operational procedures are up to date and effectively applied.
- 3+ years of experience supporting Linux environments (CentOS, Ubuntu, Debian);
- Networking background (TCP/IP stack, iptables, DNS);
- Troubleshooting skills on various systems, including mail (Postfix, Dovecot), web (Apache, nginx, HAProxy), file sharing (NFS, FTP, SFTP);
- Solid scripting skills (BASH, Python);
- Hands-on experience with automation tools (Puppet, Ansible);
- Familiarity with monitoring tools (Nagios, Cacti, Zabbix);
- Experience with virtualization platforms (VMware, KVM, Xen).
- Experience with Docker/Kubernetes is a plus;
- OpenStack experience is a plus;
- Storage virtualization (eg. Ceph) experience is a plus;
- Experience with public cloud providers and building infrastructures in cloud is a plus (AWS / Google).
- IT certifications offer strong points;
- Relevant University degree or professional experience in the IT industry;
- Good communication skills, able to share information and clarify business specifications into technical terminology;
- Maintaining problem tracking and resolution at a detailed level for service request;
- Ability to learn new skills (technical, operational & interpersonal) throughout previous, current and new roles;
- Energetic and positive attitude, highly motivated, recognized by others as a self-starter.
Powered by JazzHR