At Booking.com, data drives our decisions. Technology is at our core. And innovation is everywhere. But our company is more than datasets, lines of code or A/B tests. We’re the thrill of the first night in a new place. The excitement of the next morning. The friends you make. The journeys you take. The sights you see. And the food you sample. Through our products, partners and people, we can empower everyone to experience the world.
We’re a truly global e-commerce company, with business operations in nearly every country and city on the planet. We want to make it easy for everyone, anywhere in the world, to connect and integrate with our platform – whenever and however it’s convenient for them.About the Team
The Connectivity Partnerships team (residing within the Accommodation Partner Services organisation) focuses on realizing this ambition by tapping into the 3rd-party hospitality technology ecosystem, consisting of companies who are providing a wide range of software applications and -services to our accommodation partners.
The ecosystem is rapidly growing and provider software offerings are becoming more prominent in the way accommodation partners run their business. Our integrations with software providers should give accommodation partners the flexibility and ease to work with Booking.com seamlessly in the applications they use most. The Connectivity Partnerships team nurtures and develops software providers with the aim to maximize the performance of our joint connected accommodation partners through the underlying ambition of becoming the preferred partner of choice.About the Role
Leads and drives the overall direction of the Connectivity Partner Programme. This programme sets the direction of how we run the partnership with all our connectivity providers. It needs to motivate and engage all our providers to improve their business with Booking and create more value for all our connected accommodations.
Accountable to yearly determine who our best technology providers are based on the types of software solutions they offer to our mutual customers (accommodations), like Channel Management, Property Management Systems, Content Management, etc. The performance of providers needs to be determined based on a set of requirements that are aligned with our company's business objectives and our overall connectivity strategy.
Defines the overall mid and long term strategy and vision of the partner programme, takes ownership of managing, maintaining and continuously improving the setup of our performance requirements and benefits
Forms close working relationships and works in collaboration with a wide range of other teams such as Central PS, Segments, Connectivity Product, Technical Services, Marketing, Partner Business Managers and our external Connectivity Partners.
Continuously looks for ways to improve the way we work together with different teams, optimizing the way we support relationships with our Connectivity Partner Business Managers and all our Connectivity PartnersB.responsible
- Accountable for yearly developing and launching a partner program that is aligned with our companies and connectivity business objectives
- Manages and develops a set of program benefits that need to influence our connectivity partners to incrementally grow their business with Booking
- Communicate your strategy in a compelling manner to multiple teams and relevant stakeholders, and create long-term plans that align with the overall focus of the Accommodation Business Unit (ABU)
- Train and ongoingly inform our Partner Business Managers and Connectivity Partners on all changes and updates of the program
- Manages the day to day operations of the partner program, including program communication, documentation, support and reporting on progress
- Responsible to run research, gather provider feedback and use these insights to introduce new commercial impactful programme requirements and/or benefits
- Establishing long-term, productive relationships within the organization that will be contributing to their own and their team’s performance.
- Take accountability for yourself and others by setting expectations around what success looks like, giving ownership and providing clarity when necessary
- Cultivate strong and productive relationships with internal stakeholders in LPS, Product, Marketing, Finance, Legal, Research and externally, such as connectivity partners and digital market agencies
- Communicate regularly and explicitly what must change, why changes are necessary, and what the possible outcomes and costs are
- Define, track and frequently report on your success metrics. Empower your team to define their specific business goals and be responsible for company wide communication of the performance on the set goals, learnings and aspirations.
- Experience managing various types of resources, making trade-offs and prioritizing as if managing your own business. P&L experience is a plus
- Experience in building, leading and coaching a high performing team
- Experience in working with API technology and partnership technology integration.
- Experience in driving B2B partnerships ecosystem with technology partners
- Excellent communication skills - being able to communicate efficiently both strategic vision and specific details to various stakeholders, from senior leadership to individual project members. Being able to write clear requirements, give status updates and results.
- Stakeholder Management - Experience in environments where you need to build a relationship with a lot of different internal and external stakeholders
- Strong analytical skills - Able to interpret data and trends, diagnose problems, and recommend effective actions plans to resolve issues
- Strong organizational and project management skills - Someone with responsibility to ensure multiple projects are completed in an appropriate and timely manner.
- Experience with Agile methodologies is highly preferred
- Strong teamwork and collaboration skills are essential
- Experience in briefing and managing the delivery of external marketing / product agencies
- Strong background in developing commercial products & services and managing the business go-to-market of it
- Living and working in Amsterdam, one of the most cosmopolitan cities in Europe
- Contributing to a high scale, complex, world renowned product and seeing real-time impact of your work on millions of travellers worldwide
- Working in a fast-paced and performance driven culture
- Opportunity to utilize technical expertise, leadership capabilities and entrepreneurial spirit
- Competitive compensation and benefits package and some great added perks of working in the home city of Booking.com