Help us transform patients' lives.
At UCB, we put our heart, soul, and skills into making a difference for people living with severe disease. Working together to push the boundaries, we blend the best of our talents to unlock innovation. Will you join us in our pioneering adventure?
To strengthen our Access and External Engagement Team in Eastern Europe (Greece, Bulgaria, Romania, Hungary, Czech Republic, Slovakia, Poland), we are looking to hire a
Market Access Lead Immunology Eastern EU
The role location is in one of the following countries: Greece, Romania or Czech Republic.
As the successful candidate for this key position, your role will be to develop and drive P&R and access strategy within East EU for UCB´s Immunology products.
You will report to the Head of Patient Access & External Engagement East EU and lead the regional team to get optimal conditions of access for patients to new assets or already reimbursed products of UCB portfolio throughout their life cycle in the franchise of immunology.
You like to work in an environment where you can:
- Lead the team of local Patient Access Leads in the markets of East EU.
- Supervise, lead and support Access to a new product in Greece in line with UCB´s strategy.
- Devise P&R and Access strategy for UCB´s Immunology products, both in market and pipeline products, based on needs and priorities across all 7 Ecosystems.
- Establish, co-ordinate and lead UCB´s effective and impactful early engagement with external Stakeholders (Payers, KOLs, PAGs) for UCB´s pipeline products across all expected indications.
- Drive Innovative Contracting / VBAs with Payers in East EU Markets to enable Patient Access for the new product that will be launched, at premium price vs current established therapies.
- Collaborate closely with Strategic Pricing Partner to achieve Pricing, both Gross and Net, in line with UCB strategy.
- Collaborate with Clinical and Medical roles, especially where Clinical Trials on-going or planned.
Key aspects of the Role :
- Generates and provides ecosystem and competitor insights related to targeted therapeutic fields / indications.
- Anticipates future needs / trends in relevant indications and provides input in building proactive P&R and access planning.
- Builds and optimizes relationships with external stakeholders (Payers, KOLs, PAGs) in relevant therapeutic fields.
- Analyzes qualitatively and quantitatively the drivers of success in P&R and access strategy.
- Seeks collaborations and partnerships related to registries/RWE to build knowledge, and generate data and evidence supporting UCB´s access strategy and clinical-economic value of the new assets.
- Communicates needs and requirements to successfully launch pipeline products in health care systems across East EU.
- Interacts with New Meds and Solutions, APEX Operations, Missions, External Engagement and iPVU to influence P&R and access strategy.
- Acts as an effective Interface between European / HQ stakeholders for Immunology and Patient Access Leads in East EU countries.
I nterested? For this position you’ll need the following education, experience and skills:
- Education: University degree in Health/Life Science, Epidemiology, Outcomes Research, Health Economics, or other relevant scientific discipline.
- Strong track record from Market Access in a pharmaceutical company or consultancy and/or as a Payer from the health care sector. In addition, you have experience with external stakeholder engagement and a passion for establishing partnerships internally and externally.
- Good understanding of functionality and relationships in the health care systems of Eastern Europe.
- Deep understanding of the therapeutic fields of Dermatology (PSO) and Rheumatology with minimum 3 years of proven track record in these fields.
- Experience of developing and using innovative P&R and access strategies in launching pipeline assets (Innovative Contracting / VBAs).
- Demonstrated understanding and ability to apply principles, concepts, practices and to prepare robust Pricing & Reimbursement dossiers for payers.
- Solid understanding of RWE / registries and RWE evidence generation and utilization.
- Strong negotiation, analytical and statistical skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Effective Team player who can engender credibility and confidence within a matrix organization supporting the UCB values.
- Minimum 3 years of proven track record in direct leadership of a Team.
- Result driven, business orientated and energetic self-starter with entrepreneurial mind-set and hands-on mentality.
- Languages: Fluent in local language and English.
- Willingness and ability to travel within East EU Area (overnight stays required).