Passionate about mechanical testing but also interested in smart cars? Within Autonomous Mobility and Safety division your engineering skills can make a difference in the development of exciting new automotive products and technologies.
Continental has been pursuing the long-term strategy of Vision Zero for years, innovating solutions that contribute to greater road safety. We believe in a “driverless” future with zero car accidents and that’s why accident prevention and protection of drivers and passengers in collisions are all focal points in vehicle development.
Autonomous Mobility and Safety division in Iasi contributes to the Continental Automotive research and development effort over tree main branches:
• Vehicle Dynamics Business Unit provides highly advanced braking technologies for all vehicle types;
• Passive Safety and Sensorics concentrates in developing a state of the art active body roll stabilization system that reduces the body roll of the vehicle and enhances the lateral vehicle stability when cornering.
• Advanced Driver Assistance Systems is providing both sensors (from simple ultrasonic parking sensors to radars and advanced stereo or surround view cameras) and computation platforms for running safety, maneuvering and cruising functionalities;
As a member of our team you will be responsible for the development and design of mechanical and electromechanical equipment and components which include:
• Analyze information and evaluate the test results. Maintain the database of tests results;
• Prepare the Engineering and Qualification Test Procedures/Reports and coordinate of their approvals where required;
• Perform failure analysis during on-going reliability tests and provide detailed information of discovered anomalies in test samples, teardown reports, pictures and data logs.
• Interpret drawings, engineering requirements, assembly procedures, test specifications, test reports, service bulletins, customer requirements, and quality directives.
• Work on prototype / first sample; Make recommendations for design and process improvements.
• Ensure all equipment are calibrated in accordance within calibration schedule.
• Work in a structured and fast- paced team environment.
A mentor will support you to stepwise take over own responsibility after an initial training phase which will familiarize you with our products, tools, processes and organization. Qualifications You can be a perfect match to our team if you have:
• An university degree in a relevant field (Mechanics, Mechatronics, Electronics, Electrical Engineering, Physics or other similar areas);
• Basic knowledge of LabVIEW and / or DIAdem would be an advantage;
• Good understanding of function and limitations of test equipment and measurement devices;
• Basic usage of measurement and control equipment;
• Good understanding of analog and digital signals;
• Repetitive assembly operations, standing, lifting, bending, pulling, pushing, stretching, and carrying are generally required to perform the functions of this position.
• Experience with hand tools;
• Maintenance engineering or automotive testing (hydraulics or mechanics) experience is an advantage;
Ideal personality and abilities:
• Good verbal and written communication skills
• Good analytical reasoning, problem solving skills and ability to understand complex systems;
• Medium level English skills.