Booking.com’s Security Platform is seeking a passionate team member with strong motivation to empower security engineers, developers and data scientists to protect the world's largest travel platform against attacks.
As a Security Platform Services (SPS) Operations Manager you will be leading a group of Solution Engineers and Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) with the mission to maximize the value realization of the platform across the security department. This involves coaching and managing the team and working on strategic initiatives to increase platform adoption, coverage and user autonomy.
Your stakeholders are tracks within the different security pillars with specialized security domains, such as the Cyber Pillar which includes cyber detection and response, infrastructure, application and accounts security, Fraud pillar which includes both customer and partners fraud, Trust & Safety and so forth.
Our platform mission is to increase their velocity to adapt to changes, effectiveness and efficiency to protect our internal tooling and Booking.com's guests and partners.
You will be working along the engineering and product teams with cutting-edge technologies for streaming data processing such as Apache Flink and several java applications deployed on Kubernetes environments on both on-prem and cloud platforms. We also leverage on some third-party technologies such as ELK stack and Swimlane.
We are looking for a strong coach, to help to grow our Solution Engineers and guarantee that the environment is suitable for a strong team performance under high levels of pressure where communication and priorities management is of utmost importance.
This role will also maintain the vision and strategy, scale operations, develop talent, and support the expansion of robust operational protocols and standards that ensure a cohesive, consistent and uniformed global program that enables Booking.com’s mission for people to explore the world.
SPS Operations Manager will lead the Solutions Engineering initiatives and projects in order to maximize value realization of the platform by increasing adoption and contributing to opportunities discovery. Essentially a people manager with strong coaching, communication and prioritization capabilities will supervise a team of up to 5 Solution Engineers and multiple contractors in a distributed work environment.
Main responsibilities include:
- Lead a multi-disciplined, cross-functional team of Solution Engineers and Specific contractors and professionals, spread across multiple locations, to achieve departmental objectives and capability objectives (up to 5 FTE and multiple contractors).
- Ensures all senior craft specialists are supported with their growth, through constant feedback, coaching, and mentoring programs.
- Support the creation and update of a 3-year strategic roadmap for the Security Platform Services adoption and coverage.
- Effectively support a cross-company security services program that will enable further collaboration, efficiency and cost optimization opportunities throughout Booking Holdings
- Communicate and collaborate effectively across and beyond all Pillars, with other Capability Area Leads, Pillar Leads, key business stakeholders from other departments within Booking and Booking Holdings to bring the messages across regarding all areas pertaining to the Security Platform Services.
- Produce and track a plan of action to reach yearly goals. Report progress on a monthly basis to the Security Platform Services Capability Area Lead, the Director of Security Services and to the other Capability Area Leads in Security Services.
- Drive continuous improvements and operational efficiency in the platform adoption strategies and programs, supporting the appropriate resourcing and budgeting allocation to each area of focus and ensuring that the organization and people are set up to deliver.
- Work with Security leaders across the Booking Holdings organization to provide support and guidance for key initiatives from the Security Platform Services perspective.
- Work with Strategic Programs & Business Operations to ensure cohesive planning and reporting.
- Create connections across the Booking Holdings Group and represent Booking.com Security at Group level for the capabilities within the Security Platform Services scope.
- Provides leadership to understand, collaborate and influence across the organizations.
- Bachelors/Masters Degree in a relevant field (e.g. Computer Science), or equivalent experience in academia, business, or government.
- Certification in a cybersecurity field is a plus (e.g. CISM, CISSP, etc)
- 8 years+ (Extensive Knowledge), including 2+ years of people management experience
- Knowledge of frameworks such as NIST, PCI, SOX, ITIL and GDPR
- People Management
- Technical Account Management for Platforms
- Solutions Architecture
- Platform Adoption
- Vendor Management
- Risk Management
- Stakeholder Management
- Directive, firm, and resilient
- Effective decision making skills
- Handling multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Well-developed technical and process communication skills. Ability to present highly technical and complex information into “simple English” that is consumable by company senior executives and understood by all.
- Qualifies with data first, adds judgment
- Customer-focused individual who enjoys collaborating across teams
- Able to listen, understand, problem-solve, and carry-out duties to ensure the optimal outcome.
- Capable of anticipating needs and driving clarity on expectations
- A solution-oriented mindset, with the ability to exercise good professional judgment
- Living and working in Amsterdam, one of the most cosmopolitan cities in Europe
- Working in an open, friendly and performance driven culture
- Opportunity to utilize technical expertise, leadership capabilities and entrepreneurial spirit
- Promote and drive impactful and innovative solutions
- Competitive compensation and benefits package and some great added perks of working in the home city of Booking.com
Booking.com is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. All