At Booking.com, we make it easier for everyone to experience the world. We began by taking hotel bookings online over 20 years ago and we’ve been shaping the travel industry ever since. Today, we’re building a platform that connects all parts of the trip – from accommodation to transport, tickets, tours and more.
This role is responsible for processing and coordinating operational requests and processes, projects, and support to our demand partners within the Partnerships Department. The Operations Specialist is responsible for the day to day execution of contracting and medium-sized projects to improve the efficiency of operational processes and partner experience.
They will be expected to be an expert in one or more of the following operational areas: Partner contracting, systems administration, Partner analysis & experience, and/or products. This role will support the manager in the coordination of tasks across the team and is expected to lead by example, be a strong communicator with multiple stakeholders, show a positive can-do attitude and demonstrate the principle of taking ownership.
*Please note - this job is initially a 1 year temporary contract*
What you’ll be doing:
- Oversee and execute contracts and addendums for partners in line with legal guidelines
- Support Manager in the coordination of tasks across the team
- Help in the set up of the overall team objectives and monitor & drive progress
- Coordinate with Legal, Privacy and Fraud, Finance, and/or AP departments to ensure smooth contractual facilitation
- Innovate the existing processes by initiating and driving medium sized projects to improve efficiency and/or partner experience
- Share knowledge and best practices across teams, both centrally and in the regions
- Creating and documenting the processes to be carried by Ops Teams and followed by other functions including product and commercial
- Handling of inbound tickets
What you’ll bring:
- Analytics skills, able to build, interpret and action reports.
- Ability to understand complex written language
- Mid-level project management experience
- Ability to manage multiple stakeholders
- Ability to work independently with an emphasis on collaboration within a team environment
- Strong communicator
- Experience working with Microsoft Word, Google Suite, Salesforce. Optional: ticketing systems or project management certifications
- Specific skills/knowledge applies based on function:
- Contracting: Legal background preferred,
In return, we’ll provide:
The position is open to worldwide candidates. We provide assistance to you and your family with a generous relocation package, ensuring a smooth transition to working and living in Amsterdam. We have successfully relocated 300+ professionals to Amsterdam in the last year.
- Headquarters located in one of the most vibrant cities in Europe: Amsterdam
- Performance based company that offers 29 vacation days, career advancement and lucrative compensation, including bonuses and stock potential
- Trainings, regular opportunities to travel and attend global conferences, when travel resumes
- Discount on Booking.com accommodations with the “Booking Deal” including other perks and benefits
- Company sponsored family and social activities to help our employees become integrated with each other and Dutch culture
- Diverse, unique colleagues from every corner of the world
Booking.com is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. We strive to move well beyond traditional equal opportunity and work to create an environment that allows everyone to thrive.
If your application is successful, your personal data may be used for a pre-employment screening check by a third party as permitted by applicable law. Depending on the vacancy and applicable law, a pre-employment screening may include employment history, education and other information (such as media information) that may be necessary for determining your qualifications and suitability for the open position at Booking.com.