All over the world, people's lives are better because of Oracle. Want to make a difference? Join our company of change-makers.
From Oracle to culinary school and back again. Bonnie Carlson Kaypaghian uses the skills she learned to create recipes for her daughter’s Type 1 Diabetes and has written a cookbook to share with the world. #LifeatOracle
Oracle Cloud Financials Sales Consultant.-2100069SApplicants are required to read, write, and speak the following languages:English
This position supports our Student Financial Aid Planning Sales Team in the United States and will help the Sales Team achieve cutting-edge presentations by providing support of our demonstrations though tailored configurations often requested by our prospects prior to each presentation. This position will be a mixture of collaborating with dedicated resources within Oracle Development and our Solution Engineers to maximize the systems capabilities. This role will help maintain our sales demonstration environment so we can showcase all options available to our prospects via the Oracle Student Cloud solution.
- Ownership of the delivered baseline configurations and any adjustments made for various presentations, including all mapping of delivered reporting views.
- Own/manage the data model for overall taxonomy, configuration details and relationships between baseline and any tailored demonstration elements.
- Help set the vision for robust policy and processes for gathering, populating, and maintaining configuration data for services and assets throughout the enterprise.
- Work with Development and Business Service owners and other stakeholders across Oracle to understand tailored items needed to deliver value to our presentation environments.
- Communicate activities to enhance general awareness of processes and standards. Coordinate with and assist in training internal partners whenever necessary.
- Support the architecting of new configuration management solutions and processes in support of Oracle’s commitment to automated services within Higher Education.
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical or business-related field of study
- Self-starter who completes tasks without excessive supervision
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong business acumen
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Experience with configuration management
- Ability to understand business needs of a prospect and translate them to functional / technical requirements.
- Strong process improvement skills
- Understanding of data structures, databases, and event management
- Higher Education Experience
- Student Financial Planning knowledge
- Support or Consulting experience with student-related solutions (e.g. Oracle Campus Solutions, Ellucian Banner or Ellucian Colleague solutions, SAP, Campus Management, etc.)
- Apache Groovy programing experience
Detailed Description and Job Requirements
Provides direction and specialist knowledge in applying the technology/application to client business. Facilitation of customer product/application understanding through presentations demonstrations and benchmarks; provision of support throughout the sell.
As a Senior Sales Consultant you will be responsible for providing presales technical / functional support to prospective clients and customers while ensuring customer satisfaction with minimal supervision. Acts as a technical resource for less experienced Sales Consultants. Develop and deliver high quality standard Oracle presentations and demonstrations. Present and articulate advanced product features and benefits, product future direction and overall Oracle solutions. Design, validate, and present Oracle software solutions to include advanced product concepts, future direction, and 3rd party complimentary products. Develop and manage reference sites through high quality technical, professional client relationships.
Job duties are varied and complex, needing independent judgment. May have project lead role. 5 years vendor (sales and marketing) experience. 5 years relevant computer applications or database/tools. Demonstrated proficiency in one multi-user operating system. Through knowledge of system and application design. Strong verbal and written communication skills: needs analysis, positioning, business justification, closing techniques. Demonstrated ability to solve complex technical problems with accounts in complex technical environments. Ability to travel as needed. BS degree or equivalent; advanced degree desirable.
As part of Oracle's employment process candidates will be required to successfully complete a pre-employment screening process. This will involve identity and employment verification, professional references, education verification and professional qualifications and memberships (if applicable).
:Regular Employee Hire