Oracle Projects Senior Support Engineer-20000V9RApplicants are required to read, write, and speak the following languages:English
The position is for a Technical Support Professional person with a functional background in Financials. Reports to an Oracle Customer Support Manager. Candidates should have a good understanding of Oracle EBS or other ERP Financial Software knowledge.
Experience in the accounting lifecycle with knowledge of common enterprise structures setup, journal processing, financial reporting, interfaces, period close processes and activities and Financial Reporting Workspace are highly desired. Support or consulting experience with Oracle Financials or other ERP Financial solution are preferred.
Responsible for providing excellence in customer service support, track-incidence, diagnosis, replication, troubleshooting, resolution of complicated and critical cases, to create re-usable knowledge content, to create and use automation systems and participate to line of business projects. The focus of this position is to provide Customer Service on a technical and functional level and to ultimately drive complete and total resolution of each service incident.
Functional/Technical Knowledge & Skills
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong understanding of ERP product(s), specifically Financials
- EBS Financials experience preferred for EBS General Ledger, Accounts Payables, Accounts Receivables, Oracle Projects and Fixed Assets or related ERP Financial Solutions for the same areas
- Evidence of Functional/Technical background in Financials product area for configuration, solving errors, data corruptions, reports reconciliation and performance issues
- Technical skills in any of the following are desirable: RDBMS, SQL, PL SQL, XML, Java, J2EE and Oracle ADF, SOA and Web Services
- Understanding of structured SQL statements and how they are executed in the RDBMS (SQL/ PLSQL)
- Proven multicultural experience in handling difficult situations
- Ability to read and decipher software Log and Trace files, Web Server Optimization, Server configuration as well as the ability to act upon the finding to determine a problem resolution.
Detailed Description and Job Requirements
As a member of the Support organization, your focus is to deliver post-sales support and solutions to the Oracle customer base while serving as an advocate for customer needs. This involves resolving post-sales non-technical customer inquiries via phone and electronic means, as well as, technical questions regarding the use of and troubleshooting for our Electronic Support Services. A primary point of contact for customers, you are responsible for facilitating customer relationships with Support and providing advice and assistance to internal Oracle employees on diverse customer situations and escalated issues.
As a Sr. Support Engineer, you will be the technical interface to customers, Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEMs) and Value-Added Resellers (VARs) for resolution of problems related to the installation, recommended maintenance and use of Oracle products. Have an understanding of all Oracle products in their competencies and in-depth knowledge of several products and/or platforms. Also, you should be highly experienced in multiple platforms and be able to complete assigned duties with minimal direction from management. In this position, you will routinely act independently while researching and developing solutions to customer issues.
Job duties are varied and complex utilizing independent judgment. May have project lead role. 4 years experience with Core products or five years experience with Applications products and have a technical degree i.e., BS Computer Science/Management Information Systems/Science/ Engineering/Math/Physics/Chemistry with a 3.0 GPA OR (for Applications) proven professional/ technical experience, i.e., demonstrating an understanding of Applications at a functional and technical level (preferably Oracle)