We create smart innovations to meet the mobility challenges of today and tomorrow. We design and manufacture a complete range of transportation systems, from high-speed trains to electric buses and driverless trains, as well as infrastructure, signalling and digital mobility solutions. Joining us means joining a truly global community of more than 36 300 people dedicated to solving real-world mobility challenges and achieving international projects with sustainable local impact.
Job title : Planning Manager for Brasov-Sighisoara Project
Based at: Romania- Bucharest
Alstom in Romania has been present for over 25 years employing today over 450 people. Alstom, registered major success in infrastructure, signaling and also services. The long term service agreement for the maintenance of the rolling stock of Metrorex is a major reference and shows the expertise of Alstom in this field. Alstom will continue to grow his business in Romania proposing further services for the local market and export, creating regional hub in Services and Signaling.
For the new Project in Romania - Sighisoara-Brasov we extend our team, with expertise people.
The Planning Manager is responsible to develop and maintain the project schedule (internal and customer schedule) in order to manage efficiently the time commitments of the project (tender, contract or program execution).
- Analyse the schedule management requirements of the Customer (contractual tool, schedule structure, reporting constraints,…),
- Define tender preparation schedule and monitor until the submission of the tender,
- Detail the tender schedule based on Reference Library templates, gap analysis, Metiers commitments, and PXO (Project Metiers organisation such as PIO / Project Industrial Organisation) tender strategy
- Highlight the critical path and risks linked to the project schedule and propose the optimisation & mitigation actions,
- Contribute with the project schedule to the project strategy in compliance with the contractual requirements
- Participate to the definition of the project schedule interfaces with the partners and the Customer,
- Deliver on time all schedule deliverables down to the requested level,
- Estimate the cost of Scheduling management effort.
In contract or program execution:
- Define and maintain the Project Time Management Plan
- In case of a multi-Unit project, the lead Unit PrPM co-ordinates the project scheduling community (meetings, MoM…),
- Detail and update the project schedule based on the contractual targets and data provided by all stakeholders,
- Propose the project baseline, and ensure its acceptance (internally and by the Customer)
- Ensure the consistency of all the internal and external Stakeholders commitments, and manages the schedules interfaces,
- Organise and lead periodic project schedule sessions,
- Actively participate to project core team meetings
- Provide a timely updated schedule situation highlighting the gap between the actual and the baseline,
- Focus on early identification of potential delays,
- Prepare schedule and progress reports for Customer or Lead Unit or Partners,
- Provide support to Project Manager on all issues related to projects schedule,
- For Reference Library, develop and maintain the schedule templates,
Experience & Qualification:
- Technical upper education;
- Project management and industrial background
- Is used to work with internal processes: Tenders, Projects, Engineering, Industrial, Sourcing, Supply Chain, Quality and their interfaces……
- General knowledge on project management
- Good overall knowledge of railway products and systems
- Agility to juggle with schedules (internal and customer schedules) simulations and various scenarii) and changing project goals.
- Rigorous, structured and sense of anticipation
- Good Communications and interpersonal skills, excellent team worker
- Conflict management and multi-tasking,
- Collaborative management
- Be able to challenge project team and highly proactive in proposing solutions.
- Comfortable in an international and a multi-cultural environment.
- English : advanced level
- Computer knowledge: MS Office, Lotus Notes, Visio, and scheduling software use
An agile, inclusive and responsible culture is the foundation of our company where diverse people are offered excellent opportunities to grow, learn and advance in their careers. We are committed to encouraging our employees to reach their full potential, while valuing and respecting them as individuals.