Sustainalytics has been a leading independent provider of Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) research for the last 25 years. Our insights are used by clients to make better informed investment decisions, engage with companies in relation to their business activities and drive change.
Sustainalytics is a growing organization with 700 employees and 17 offices globally. We have a flexible and supportive working culture and empower our employees to progress and develop quickly in an entrepreneurial environment.
For more information, visit www.sustainalytics.com
Under COVID-19 circumstances, all Sustainalytics employees are now working from home. More than ever, ESG factors are critical to building a more ethical and sustainable global economy. Our teams need passionate colleagues to join us in delivering quality research products to our clients worldwide.
Our recruitment and selection process is continuing via phone or video meetings. New team members are onboarded and start their first day with the company from the safety of their homes.
We rely on virtual team meetings and management practices, as well as a remote buddy program, to support a smooth integration in our virtual offices.
POSITION PURPOSE & KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
Our Accountant will ensure the delivery of high quality financial information and organize, and execute, various related workflows.
- Organize and execute multiple financial administrative workflows (including across international offices) as in charge person for each entity;
- Responsible for preparing necessary journal entries for accounts payables invoices, payroll and expense forms;
- Responsible for processing bank statements, credit cards and petty cash;
- Responsible for processing and reconciliation of fixed assets and depreciation;
- Ensure that reports are reconciled to ledger balances and all designated accounts are under control and movements explained;
- Carry out general ledger quality control;
- Assist in monthly balance sheet reviews which are internally performed on groups locations;
- Support the development of policies, controls and business processes;
- Work together with statutory/external accountants to reconcile Group accounts to local accounts;
- Offer support in assisting external auditors during interim and final audit;
- Providing proactive, cross-functional support between finance, HR, administrative and operations staff;
- Be a dependable resource to the Chief Accountant, Controller and to global colleagues across international offices while taking an active role within special projects, as required.
- Professional qualification in Accounting and/or Finance;
- A minimum of 3 years’ finance and accounting experience – in a multinational context would be an advantage;
- Good knowledge of accounting principles, tax legislation and operational processes;
- Relevant experience working with accounting software platforms and related processes;
- Meticulousness, analytical and attentiveness to detail;
- Good interpersonal and communication skills;
- Fluent in English, level C1 is a must;
- Ability to work independently and proactively in an international team;
- Proficiency in Excel, Word, Outlook, Power Point.