As an industry leader and Software-as-a-Service provider our mission at 8x8, Inc. [NYSE: EGHT] is to transform the future of business communications. The 8x8 Open Communications Platform (TM) uniquely brings together Voice, Video, Collaboration, Contact Center, and enterprise-class API solutions, helping businesses across the globe transform their customer and employee experience, and empowering workforces worldwide to work smarter.For additional information, visit , or follow 8x8 on LinkedIn, Twitter and Facebook.About the JobYour primary focus will be on developing user interface components and implementing, then following well-known React.js workflows (such as Redux) and using modern CSS techniques and libraries, like styled-components.You will ensure that these components and the overall application are robust, responsive, and easy to maintain. Also you will coordinate with the rest of the team working on different layers of the infrastructure.Therefore, a commitment to collaborative problem solving, sophisticated design, and quality product is important.
- Develop new user-facing features using React.js.
- Build reusable components and front-end libraries for future use.
- Translate designs and wire-frames into high quality code.
- Optimize components for maximum performance and responsive across a vast array of web-capable devices and browsers.
- Deliver a consistently high-quality code
- Work with your manager to meet challenging goals
- Building clean, optimized and easily maintainable code
- Triaging issues, finding and resolving the root cause
- Support test and deployment of new products and features
- Meeting your daily and weekly goals
- Keep up to date with the latest software engineering trends
- Strong proficiency in CSS3 and responsive design
- Thorough understanding of React.js and its core principles
- Experience with Redux and it’s bindings with React
- Thorough understanding of Node.js and its core principles
- Familiarity with newer specifications of ECMAScript
- Experience with data structure libraries (e.g., Immutable.js)
- Familiarity with RESTful APIs
- Knowledge of modern authorization mechanisms, such as JSON Web Token
- Familiarity with modern front-end build pipelines and tools
- Ability to understand business requirements and translate them into technical requirements
- A knack for bench-marking and optimization
- Familiarity with code versioning tools such as GIT
- Passionate about delivering high-quality software
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- Excited about learning and improving
- Proven track record in delivering high-quality software
Working at 8x8
- Industry leading, award winning technology and recognised on two Gartner Magic Quadrants
- Inclusive, supportive and collaborative culture yet with a winning mentality
- Encouragement and environment to make a difference
- Fun – check out our Instagram posts in the UK, Romania and the US, the smiles are real
- Deep passion for doing the best for our customers,