We strongly believe in cohesion and team spirit. Creating high quality video games involves strong collaboration with different types of talents. It is the coming together of skills – from producers, developers, game designers, artists, marketers, game monetization managers and more - that creates games people want to play. Here, we learn from each other and value talent more than focusing on hierarchy.
Gameloft is seeking a Game Designer with the expertise to make key contributions to a highly ambitious unannounced open world PC / console title.
- Designing and managing various game systems, game mechanics through the full cycle of production from concept to final stage in a multiplayer open world experience.
- Collaborating with Creative, Art, and Programming teams to align all the elements into a common high-quality vision for the game.
- Balancing and adjusting gameplay features to guarantee player’s satisfaction.
- Being able to identify and overcome both design and technical challenges met through the production cycle.
- Working in the Engine to prototype / improve various features.
About Gameloft Bucharest:
Gameloft Bucharest was created in 2000 with a passion for games that spawned 42 titles for all platforms, from Java to consoles.
Our games are recognized and praised by our players and by the industry. We take pride in our titles, from N.O.V.A, introduced on stage during the 2010 Apple Keynote as the first iPad game ever, to FPS benchmarks such as Modern Combat, with over 175 million downloads & Sniper Fury, with over 109 million downloads.
What can you expect from us?
• We are a 430 person game development studio in the greenest part of Bucharest;
• We have diverse backgrounds and we all love to work on our own games and ideas;
• You would work in a small agile team where everybody’s inputs are valued;
• The team is international, and we have several foreign colleagues;
• You will be using robust systems that serve millions of players;
• Exercising your creativity when solving tasks is much appreciated;
• You may be working on games using famous brands such as Marvel or Disney;
• We don't have many meetings :)
Why work for us?
- Hybrid work (2 days from the office/week of your choice);
- Day off for your birthday and company’s anniversary;
- Free psychological counseling.
- Medical insurance package, in partnership with Regina Maria Clinic.
- Lunch tickets.
- Bookster subscription.
- Supportive working climate, a team with a free communication style.
- A chance to work in a real multicultural environment.
- All the usual perks: free coffee, free fruits, relaxation area, free gym.
- At least 5 years’ experience in the gaming industry in a similar position and at least one shipped title.
- Passion for triple-A open world PC / console games.
- Ability to write clear and concise documentation specific to any of the teams involved in the process.
- Good knowledge of Unreal Engine 4 Blueprint system. Knowledge of other Unreal Engine subsystems is a plus (animation graphs, materials, AI, UMG, etc).
- A basic understanding of how Unreal Engine replication works for multiplayer games is also a big plus.
- Fast prototyping skills and openness to numerous iterations.
- Excellent organizational skills and methodology.
- Ability to work with deadlines.
- Good communication skills and able to work in a team.
- Fluency in English, both spoken and written.\\
What will happen when you apply?
You can apply with your English or Romanian CV.
At Gameloft, we believe in diversity, so no applicant will be discriminated against based on criteria such as gender, age, gender identity, religion, nationality, etc ...
Your CV will be reviewed by our hiring manager, and if he finds it relevant, one of our colleagues from HR will contact you.
Next, you will take a remote test, followed by a chat with hiring managers and HR. They will give you specific details about the job and you can ask them anything you are interested in knowing about working here.
The whole process usually takes 3-4 weeks, but of course, it depends on how fast you can come to us.
If the test fails, we will notify you within 1-2 days. You will certainly receive feedback from us about the process, but you can also track the status of your application through our application system.
Why join Gameloft?
- You want to be part of an exceptional experience, within a company that is constantly growing.
- You want to work with talented people who are industry pioneers.
- You want to join a global company and meet great people around the world from all walks of life.
- Or, you are just looking for a fun place to work!
We can’t wait to find our next great talent!
Join our SURVEY
As part of our recruitment process, we would like to know more about your interests when applying to Gameloft via this Survey. Your honest answers will have no impact on whether you will get the job or not. They will only be used to support our continuous efforts to match our Employer brand with our candidate’s expectations.