Senior Project GL Accountant - FinTech Projects
Do you like to work for a fast-growing and dynamic organization? Are you passionate about working on strategic FinTech projects to foster growth and excellent customer experience? Do you like to work with people? Are you an ambitious self-starter? Would you like to work for a diverse, international and multicultural organization? Are you creative with an out-of-the-box mindset? If the answer to these questions is yes, then we are looking for you; take charge of your career and apply now!
As a Senior GL Accountant working on FinTech Projects you will join our Global Accounting Team in our office in Amsterdam. You will report to the Controller and work closely together with other departments in our Amsterdam office. The tasks and duties of this role may evolve over time. You will be keen to develop and grow within the role and to take on additional challenges and responsibilities as they occur.
- Act as a connected business partner for internal stakeholders on tasks and projects with a cross functional impact.
- Provide technical accounting requirements within your area of expertise to FinTech Product managers in order to facilitate the growth of the business while maintaining financial reporting integrity and compliance.
- Work closely with Business Intelligence and Data teams to design and implement reporting to be used in the monthly closing process.
- Drive initiatives and projects and actively drive continuous process improvements and innovations.
- Complete the monthly closing process, including preparation of journal entries, accruals, prepayments, intercompany transactions, reconciliation of general ledger accounts, detailed supporting analysis and relevant documentation.
- Review and perform variance analysis on balance sheet and profit and loss accounts during the closing procedures.
- Work closely with external providers (local accountants and external auditors) to ensure that the organization is compliant with the local regulations.
- Help the team meet and exceed department goals.
Please note that this list of duties is not exhaustive and you may be required to complete ad-hoc tasks as requested by your manager.
- Minimum 3-5 years of Accounting experience (Online Payments Accounting knowledge is beneficial)
- Strong interpersonal skills and stakeholder management
- Experience in working with Product, Business Intelligence/Data teams is beneficial
- Knowledge of US GAAP/IFRS
- Able to cope with dynamic and high change environment
- Takes ownership for responsibilities with a positive attitude
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Proactive self-starter, resourceful with strong work ethic
- Solution-oriented and result-driven
- Capable of working independently as well as working in a team
- Strong IT experience in financial systems, including SAP, is preferable
- Fluent in spoken and written English
If your application is successful, your personal data may be used for a pre-employment screening check by a third party as permitted by applicable law. Depending on the vacancy and applicable law, a pre-employment screening may include employment history, education and other information (such as media information) that may be necessary for determining your qualifications and suitability for the open position at Booking.com.