This individual will be a member of the Information Security Engineering team which reports to the Chief Information Security Officer, working in tandem with the Security Operations team.
This position exists to augment the information security team and help deploy new security technologies that will improve security at PTC.Reporting to the Manager of Information Security Engineering, the Information Security Engineer is responsible for information security infrastructure maintenance and monitoring. This role works closely with other Security Engineers supporting maintenance, upgrades and implementation of network security applications and hardware.
- Responsible for providing support in solving all phases of complex information security related technical problems.
- Conducting system security analysis and implementation, system engineering, design assurance, testing, program design, configuration management, integration and testing of information security products and techniques. Implementing, managing, and troubleshooting of corporate firewalls, IDS/IPS, encryption and authentication systems.
- Respond to incoming requests from the business for firewall changes and troubleshooting of issues related to information security infrastructure
- Support Senior Engineers with the deployment of new technology
- Monitor and maintain existing security infrastructure an deployed technologies
- Act as an escalation point for the Security Operations team for incidents that need a deeper level of investigation
- Evangelize security policies throughout the organization to promote shared responsibility
- Recognize potential risk areas to existing systems and take solutions from proposed to implemented
- Review leading practices as well as PTC standards and work to create an acceptable balance between performance, convenience, and practical implementation
- Analyze existing work processes and make recommendations to improve the workflow efficiency
- Open support cases with vendors when necessary
- Participate in low-volume on-call rotation
- Your Skills and Knowledge:
- Proficient in Linux and Windows tools and security practices
- Ability to understand technical manuals, software specifications, hardware principles of operations, and general methods of systems software operations and security
- Ability to communicate effectively dealing with internal and external customers and suppliers
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills required
- Accuracy, attention to detail, and ability to handle many tasks and procedures concurrently
- Problem analysis skills that can be applied in a complex environment
- Effective documentation and organization skills
- Enhanced understanding of data processing concepts on multiple platforms
- Ability to handle sensitive and confidential information
- Understanding of security principle of least privileged access
- Understanding of network routing and firewalls
- Risk assessments and testing of systems
- IDS/IPS, VPN, WAF, SIEM, NAC, AV, EDR, DNS, PKI, Vulnerability Management, Cloud (AWS, Azure)
- Strong familiarity of background in Identify and Access Management (IAM)
- BS in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, or related field desirable
- 3+ years of progressive experience in information security
- Fluent English is mandatory