Eaton's Corporate Division has an opening for:
Senior IT Project Manager
Location: Hungary, Romania, Poland, Czech Republic, Turkey, Spain (near to an Eaton office)
Join Eaton and help us provide energy-efficient solutions that have a real impact on the environment. We make what matters work. Find out more on https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=baa_aiJ4L7E
The Eaton IT Product Operations PMO group has an exciting project management position available. This role is responsible for leading large, complex, high-value, transformational IT implementation projects often impacting regional or global operations. In this highly visible role, you have a great opportunity to make a significant and positive impact.
The IT Project Manager will plan, control and execute project requirements following Eaton-prescribed process (ProLaunch and PMBOK) to ensure business objectives are met. The PM will partner with Resource Managers to staff projects and clearly articulate project team roles – both functional and technical. Responsible for developing and managing detailed project plans (with clear critical path) and budgets. The PM will manage the scope/requirements and ensure all agreed to deliverables are met while mitigating risks through robust plans. Responsible for organizational communication, training, adoption and change management. Vendor management including contract negotiations and reviews is essential.
Your key deliverables:
- Provide project leadership by adhering to standard departmental policies, processes and documentation guidelines for project delivery
- Define and communicate roles and responsibilities for project team members – functional and technical
- Work with customers and technical resources in developing project plans, work breakdown structures, critical path and detailed costs.
- Perform risk management planning, risk identification and mitigation planning
- Develop communication strategies and leading communications with senior executives, mid-level or first line leaders and key stakeholders globally
- Drive process change and organization change management
- Ensure sign-off on all major system deliverables by stakeholders
- Establish project budget, track spend and communicate current and project burn rates. Monitor and report on schedule and budget variances
- Ensure quality delivery of team member tasks in accordance to the plan
- Manage third party suppliers. Manage customer and external supplier deliverables.
- Direct the work of a large scale team of IT and functional resources.
- Document and drive issues through resolution, escalating to customer, supplier and IT management as necessary.
- Involves complex process and organizational change management
A professional with a problem-solving mindset to adapt and drive improvements in process, tools, and organization; and with a strong focus on large scale regional and transformational IT projects acquired in a matrixed international environment with senior leadership being the primary stakeholders – then please apply.
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited institution
- Minimum of 10 years overall Project Management experience
- Minimum of 7-10 years successfully leading major enterprise IT implementations in at least one of the following domains: ERP Supply Chain (SIOP (Sales Inventory & Operations Planning), Distribution, Logistics, Procurement) Smart Factory (Asset Monitor & Utilization, Connected Work Cell, Real Time Production Performance Monitor) Manufacturing (MES, CMMS, EAM, Quality, …) PLM (Product Lifecycle Management)
- No relocation offered; candidate must work at an Eaton EMEA facility and/or as a homebased employee
- MS Office skills including strong MS Project expertise
- Experienced in working within a virtual organization
Then we want to hear about you!
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for job applicants and employees. Our recruitment processes use balanced selection criteria and avoid unlawful discrimination against applicants on the basis of their age, colour, disability, marital status, national origin, gender, gender identity, genetic information, race or racial origin, religion, sexual orientation or any other status protected or required by law.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters.
We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Information Technology
Region: Europe, Middle East, Africa
Organization: Corporate Sector
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: Yes
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time