For more than 30 years Verifone has established a remarkable record of leadership in the electronic payment technology industry. Verifone has one of the leading electronic payment solutions brands and is one of the largest providers of electronic payment systems worldwide.
Verifone has a diverse, dynamic and fast paced work environment in which employees are focused on results and have opportunities to excel. We take pride in the fact that we work with leading retailers, merchants, banks, and third party partners to invent and deliver innovative payments solution around the world. We strive for excellence in our products and services, and are obsessed with customer happiness. Across the globe, Verifone employees are leading the payments industry through experience, innovation, and an ambitious spirit. Whether it’s developing the next platform of secure payment systems or searching for new ways to bring electronic payments to new markets, the team at Verifone is dedicated to the success of our customers, partners and investors. It is this passion for innovation that drives each one of our employees for personal and professional success.
We are growing our talented tech team in Romania where we are hiring a Senior Linux Embedded Developer
What you`ll do:
- Design and implement functions on VFI Android platform for payment devices
- Android driver development and adaptation to VFI specific hardware
- Extend and build VFI security assets on the platform
- Unit-test code for robustness
- Work on bug fixing and improve platform stability and close known security vulnerabilities
- Update the platform to newer Android revisions
- Collaborate with application layer teams to understand platform requirements and introduce new features
What qualifications will you need to be successful?
- Experience with C/C++
- Experience with Linux Embedded Development
- Understanding of the Android platform stack
- Understanding of Android security concepts
- Understanding of embedded HW including SOC support Android, communication stacks and various peripherals
- Experience with Android NDK and SDK
- Proven experience with driver development
- Proven working experience with Android System Development
- Experience with third-party library integration
- Solid understanding of full embedded development life cycle
- Git source code control
Why you’ll love working with us:
- The opportunity to be part of the design and development of state the art payment applications software
- International work environment and a local team in an exciting growth phase
- Unique opportunity for personal growth
- Attractive compensation package with annual performance bonus
- Flexible benefits package with a monthly budget that you can use for different perks (meal tickets, public transportation refund, gym subscriptions discounts, private pension funding, shopping vouchers etc.)
- Private medical subscription (with 2 different medical providers to choose from) for you and your children
- Bookster subscription
Verifone is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. Verifone is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.